Monday, February 28, 2011

Getting Better

I am happy to report that everyone is starting to feel better today, or so I think.  We haven't had any throwing up, but Lindsey is still very dehydrated and her stomach muscles are sore.  All I have been doing today is cleaning up, slowly.  Logan tried to stay home from school this morning, big surprise.  First, he said that he didn't have school.....uh, not true.  Was I supposed to take his word for it?  Then he said that he didn't feel well, but he looked fine, didn't have a temperature and he wasn't pale at all.  I told him that this is a virus that will keep him out of school for at least a couple of days, so he can't miss unless he's truly sick.  If he really does get sick, he'll need his sick days.  He called me from school twice saying that he didn't feel well.  The school nurse told me that she didn't think that I needed to pick him up, he looked fine.  He'll be home in about an hour, we'll see if he's really sick once it's time to play outside! 

The only other thing that I have done today is call Comcast for a third time because they are morons and can't seem to understand the problem that we are having with our cable.  It's really very simple, we are supposed to get some channels and we aren't.  One guy tried to get me to call TiVo about the message on the screen that clearly stated "Call Comcast, your cable provider."  Finally I spoke with someone with half of a brain, they are sending someone out between now and next Thursday to take a look at it.  (That's from John Caparulo, Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Tour.) 

I look forward to the day when I can write about more than just sickness, as are you, I'm sure. 

Here's the Word of the Day, it's a cute one:

cosset \KOSS-it\, verb:
1. To treat as a pet; to treat with excessive indulgence; to pamper.
noun:
1. A pet, especially a pet lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment