Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Upside

Tomorrow morning I’m taking Brea, Audrey, and Beckham to the airport and although it’s been a great visit, I am sure that they are ready to get away from this house ASAP since I’ve been cleaning up vomit for two days now.  Carson was the first to get sick; he started throwing up yesterday morning.  Then around 2:30 in the morning Dylan started throwing up.  Dylan had a pretty good day though; he only got sick twice whereas poor Carson threw up until this evening.  Right around dinner time Lindsey started complaining about not feeling well and now she’s throwing up.  I washed my sheets yesterday and then again today because they kept getting barfed on.  Between the towels and the sheets, I think I will finally catch up on the laundry in a couple of months.  I am so exhausted and haven’t felt great myself, but I am remembering that it could be worse.  We could all be throwing up and we’re not—that’s the upside and the one thing making me feel better.    
Lindsey went to the mall today with Brea; I know she had a great time.  They had lunch and played in the play place.   Brea bought her a pair of jeggings and a cute floral tank top; she looks adorable in them.  She also surprised Logan with a pair of basketball shorts; he loves them because they’re Georgia Tech colors.  She also got Carson and Dylan the cutest little Georgia Tech baseball caps for their birthday.  Dylan wore it for about an hour after she gave it to him.  Brea also brought me the cutest surprise from London…..King Henry the VIII and his six wives chocolates.  Lindsey begged me all day to eat the King Henry and I let her.  I think we finished off Catherine of Aragon and Anne Boleyn too. 
I know that so much more has happened during this trip and that we’ve had so many fun moments.  I have so many cute stories to share, but unfortunately when something like this happens, it just drains me and I just don’t have a creative or funny bone left in my body!  Being a mom is the best job on Earth, but it is definitely exhausting when everyone is sick.  I feel so sorry for my kids and it’s emotionally exhausting watching them feel so miserable.  I wish I could snap my fingers and have a genie by my side to do all of the laundry and make the meals so I could just take care of the kids, but moms have to be their own genies. 
Here's your Word of the Day:

halcyon \HAL-see-uhn\, noun:
1. A kingfisher.
2. A mythical bird, identified with the kingfisher, that was fabled to nest at sea about the time of the winter solstice and to calm the waves during incubation.
adjective:
1. Calm; quiet; peaceful; undisturbed; happy; as, "deep, halcyon repose."
2. Marked by peace and prosperity; as, "halcyon years."

No comments:

Post a Comment