Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Six Kids, Smooth Sailing

Last night I picked Brea, Audrey, and Beckham up from the airport.  Brea looked like a pro with the two kids; I was very impressed.  She managed to get all of their things into one bag (I’ve never done that) and she made it look like flying with toddlers was simple!  I know for a fact that there is nothing more stressful that you can do than to fly with little kids.

The kids are playing really well together.  The babies love Beckham, Beckham loves the big kids, and Lindsey loves the baby girl.  Carson and Beckham seemed to bond immediately, it was really obvious.  Beckham snuggled on top of Carson and said “I love you.”  Really, other than Lindsey beating Logan up today, I’d say it’s a pretty peaceful house considering the fact that there are six children under the roof.  Brea and I are having a great time with each other and it’s awesome seeing the kids interact.
We woke up and fed everyone but Logan breakfast, because he was sleeping until right before we left to have brunch with Libbie.  At the restaurant a man actually asked me “Whose are all of those kids?”  I explained that 4 of them were mine and that two were Brea’s.  He said that he had one baby, which explained the snickers and amazement in his eyes.  We did look like a circus, especially at our next stop.  After breakfast we had to stop next door to do some light grocery shopping.  Um, it took three carts.  The twin babies were in the cart with the steering wheels, but then we had to take Dylan out and put him in a separate cart because he was climbing out and Beckham wanted one of the steering wheels.  So Logan is pushing Dylan, Lindsey is pushing Audrey, and I am pushing Carson and Beckham.  A lady walked by us and I heard her say to the person on the other end of her cell phone “It’s SO loud in here!”  I wanted to turn around and say “If you want silence, go to the library!”  But I didn’t.  It made me angry because the kids weren’t even being loud, they were all entertained with the cookies we had just given them, and she said it so loud and looked at me when she said it.  Geez!  Sorry you have to share this planet with children, lady.  We’re only creating the next generation of the population so that the human race doesn’t become extinct.   
After another visit with Libbie, we went home for a nap.  Immediately we got all of the kids to go to sleep and they napped for a couple of hours.  Brea and I rested, thankfully.  When we got up I made lasagna for later and we gave the kids a snack.  Then I took Beckham, Carson, and Dylan to the playground while Brea and Audrey took Lindsey to dance.  Logan left to have some man-time with his dad.  The boys were angels at the park and when we got back to the house I gave them their second bath of the day.  Then we all had dinner, cleaned the kids up, and put them to bed. 
I think that Brea and I are completely exhausted, but that's not a new thing. We were talking last night about how tired we are at night, and I have to say that I am glad I’m not alone.  I told her that it really sucks when you wake up from sleeping and look at a clock that says “9:30.”  It’s 9:26 as I write this, so I guess I’m doing alright tonight! 
For having six kids in a house, I would say that we are managing it extremely well.  We're short a seat in my mini-van, Brea has to sit on the floor, but we’re doing alright other than that! 
Here’s the Word of the Day:

nimbus \NIM-buhs\, noun:
1. (Fine Arts) A circle, or disk, or any indication of radiant light around the heads of divinities, saints, and sovereigns, upon medals, pictures, etc.; a halo.
2. A cloud or atmosphere (as of romance or glamour) that surrounds a person or thing.
3. (Meteorology) A rain cloud.

And check out this link.  Is this not the scariest looking thing you've ever seen?  My brother-in-law sent this to me.......

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/02/21/327-pound-dinosaur-fish-caught-swimming-mississippi/

2 comments:

  1. Post a picture of all the kids and tell Brea hello for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You missed your chance Brit - you should have said, "We make babies.....that's how we roll!" Glad I can't swim...and if I could, not in Mississippi!

    ReplyDelete