Friday, February 25, 2011

The Toilet Mishap


So I ended yesterday by saying that we had a toilet mishap two nights ago, but I was too tired to talk about it.  Someone went to the bathroom around midnight and when they flushed it, water started pouring out by the gallon until we turned the water off.  Don was downstairs and ran up to see what was going on because water was pouring out of the ceiling in the living room.  It was awful.  I was standing in an inch and a half of water and freaking out.   I forgot where the water knob was because I panicked, and I guess my first instinct was to lift off the back of the toilet and hold some kind of spout to make it stop.  Once I calmed down I remembered that the knob to the water was on the bottom.  I know, I am an idiot, but I was panicking!  I have already scheduled someone to clean the carpet and we're going to have to fix a little bit of the ceiling where the water leaked.  Like we really needed something like THAT to happen this week?  Just like our mamas always say "When it rains, it pours."  I just wish it weren't so literal this time; pouring toilet water?  Ewwww.
Yesterday we had another picnic at the playground and came home and took naps.  Later we had dinner and dessert….Brea’s favorite, Publix Key Lime Pie.  They don’t have Publix in Ohio, so she was very excited.  We planned on watching a movie, but we were too tired. 
This morning I woke up to Carson throwing up.  We had plans to take the kids to play at McDonald’s and to visit Brea and Don’s grandma, but Carson, Lindsey, Dylan and I stayed behind.  I also wanted to work out, but sick babies come first, of course.  Logan, Beckham, Audrey and Brea have left and the rest of us are just hanging out at the house.  Lindsey was coloring with the boys while I was on the phone with Comcast and Carson decided to curl up on the couch and take a nap.  Poor little dude.  I know now how rotten he feels.  He never does that! 
I think the rest of the day we’ll try to chill since the kids feel worn out.  Ha!  The kids feel worn out?  I’m lying; it’s Brea and me too. 
Here’s the Word of the Day:
lexicography \lek-suh-KAH-gruh-fee\, noun:
1. The writing or compiling of dictionaries; the editing or making of dictionaries.
2. The principles and practices applied to writing dictionaries.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the toilet and the sick kids. Hang in sweetie and try to get some rest!

    ReplyDelete