Saturday, February 5, 2011

On Empty

Katie and I got lost last night dropping Lindsey off at the campsite.  Apparently Lindsey’s leader said not to use GPS to get there; I must have missed that part.  We wound up in the scariest rural “neighborhoods” trying to get there.  You know, where they display strange things on their porches, like mattresses and dressers?  And we were on empty.  I was freaking out a little bit once I saw that if we ran out of gas, no one I know would be able to find us.  I couldn’t exactly say that I was in front of a house that looked like it was inhabited by Bobby Boucher and expect someone to save us.  We got gas and eventually found the site, which was so adorable!  They aren’t exactly roughing it.  The cabins are very nice.
I also got a slap on the wrist, literally, for packing Lindsey’s bags.  She was supposed to pack herself in order to learn responsibility, but we didn’t even have an hour to pack and that is just not acceptable time for me to prepare for something so I packed for her.  I do see the lesson in it, but oh well.  Next time she’ll do it. 
Today we’re going to the gym and will probably hang around the house and try to watch the movie that we were supposed to watch last night.  I kept falling asleep and Katie kept slapping me and yelling “Again?  You fell asleep again?”  I always do.  I’m so old.

abscond \ab-SKOND\, intransitive verb:
To depart secretly; to steal away and hide oneself -- used especially of persons who withdraw to avoid arrest or prosecution.

No comments:

Post a Comment