Friday, February 11, 2011

Imbroglio

I had the weirdest dream last night.  I had a dream that I was walking around downtown Atlanta and I discovered that a group of terrorists were experimenting with cross-pollination and there were all of these crazy plants growing all over the city.  There were giant cactuses growing out of the sidewalk cracks, and everywhere I looked there were unwieldy plants!  How this would affect us as a nation, I do not know, but in my dream it was apparently a scary situation that would affect us gravely.  I remember that most of the plants they were experimenting with were from Florida and they didn’t mix well with our horticulture.  I have the weirdest, cracked-out dreams.   How does the brain make this stuff up?  I think I may know where at least part of it came from.  Last night I went to the Georgia Tech basketball game (which was downtown) and we played Florida State.  We lost by 12 points, I think, just FYI.  But the terrorists?  Cactuses?  Horticultural warfare?  I don’t know where that came from.  Actually, maybe Kudzu should be our military’s new tactical weapon.  That stuff is crazy!  Maybe I’m on to something!  “Ok, Bin Laden, if you do not cease and desist from all threatening activity we will have no other choice but to plant the feared and burdensome kudzu in your sacred desert land!”  Oh, what’s wrong with me? 
Not only were my dreams weird last night, I also had a bizarre morning.  I was on the phone with Cobb EMC because their website sucks and I always have issues paying online for one reason or another.  So I’m on the phone with the operator and I tell him to hang on because there is a cop at the door.  I know he’s thinking “Oh, what kind of crack addict am I talking to?”  I open the door and the police officer says “Did someone call 911?”  I said no.  He says “Well, someone called 911.  I need to look around the house.”   If it were any other morning I would have understood him being there because the babies do get ahold of the phone occasionally.  However, this morning I don’t know when they would have had a chance because we didn’t play upstairs at all; we went straight downstairs for breakfast.  He looked around the house and asked if anyone was upstairs.  I said no.  He went upstairs to look around and then I said to the operator that I was still on the phone with “I hope he’s really a cop.”  I realized that I didn’t ask to see a badge and I didn’t see a car outside.  I realized that he could have been wearing a $20 Howdy Doody costume and I wouldn’t have known the difference.   I know better than that!  What was I thinking?  I ran over to the window and did see a cop car at the end of the street.  I also heard his radio, which made me feel better. 
That was really stupid of me.  I know better than that!  With all of the movies I watch, all of the Datelines and 20/20, I didn’t even check to see if he was a real cop?  Shame on me! 
I called the security system company just to make sure that there wasn’t something signaling them, but they didn’t dispatch.  It must have been one of the kids.  What an odd day, and it isn’t even 10 am!
imbroglio \im-BROHL-yoh\, noun:
1. A complicated and embarrassing state of things.
2. A confused or complicated disagreement or misunderstanding.
3. An intricate, complicated plot, as of a drama or work of fiction.
4. A confused mass; a tangle.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha! Attack of the killer Florida plants! If I ever become a terrorist and move to Atlanta I'll be sure to bring some native Florida plants with me! You have the most active imagination of anyone I know. It doesn't even stop in your sleep!

    ReplyDelete