Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hi, Mama!

I was thinking that I was going to have nothing to write about this evening since it was a pretty boring day.  I ran errands, lifted weights, took Lindsey to dance, and nothing extraordinary happened.  Then as I sat down to turn on the computer Dylan leaned over the couch, peeked around the computer monitor and said “Hi, Mama!”  He has said both words before, but he hadn’t ever combined them like that.  It was so cute.  He had a huge smile on his face, “Hiiiiiii, Mamaaaaa!”  Then because Dylan got so much attention for saying it Carson repeated it.  “Hi, Mama!”  They both smiled and I can tell that they feel like they truly communicated exactly what they wanted to say.  Both of the boys say a lot of words, and I have heard them ramble a couple together at times, but we have a pacifier problem.  I think that I have to take them away.  I am beginning to think that this “no big deal” attitude I’ve had about the pacifiers has maybe kept them from talking.  They started talking very early, especially for boys, but now that they are sucking on those things all day I don’t see them speaking as much as maybe they should.  Maybe they’re like their daddy and only say something when it’s absolutely necessary—not like me!  Oh, I hope they won’t be like me.  This house is already too loud!  I remember taping my mouth shut and I don’t wish that kind of compulsive chattering on anyone! 

doppelganger \DOP-uhl-gang-uhr\, noun:
1. A ghostly double or counterpart of a living person.
2. Alter ego; double.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment