Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Stomach Flu-Day 3

The kids are still throwing up.  That's all I have to say about today.  It's awful.

Actually, I do have one thing to say that doesn't have anything to do with throwing up.  I was driving home from the grocery store (getting more Pedialyte and Sprite) and Madonna's "Get into the Groove" was on the radio.  The song played after Madonna was "She Loves You" by the Beatles.  What the hell is that all about?  Since when is it ok to put Madonna on the oldies station?  Then after they were finished playing the Beatles they played that song "Spirit in the Sky," which is an awesome song, but after Madonna?  I am so confused!  I love the words to that "Spirit in the Sky" song.  If all songs about Jesus were that cool, I would be hooked.  The guitar is awesome and the words are so simple, almost silly.  "When they lay me down to the rest I'm gonna go to the place that's the best." Awesome.

Here's the Word of the Day:

rubicund \ROO-bih-kund\, adjective:
Inclining to redness; ruddy; red.
The men are second cousins, around forty, resembling each other not very much, one taller and leaner, less rubicund than the other, who has just returned from California.
-- John Lukacs, A Thread of Years

1 comment:

  1. Official Definition of Oldies Radio: radio format that concentrates on music from a period of about 15 to 55 years before the present day.
    My definition: A radio station that plays music from your childhood/teen/college years and is designed especially to make YOU feel old!
    And Madonna is 54 this year - crazy!
    Everyone feel better down there - no fun being sick! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete