Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Going Postal

I had a migraine last night that made me throw up, so I guess it was the cherry on top of an awful few days.  But I am happy to report that everyone went to school today, the boys are back to normal, and I am starting to feel normal again.  But, when you have as many children as I do, you have to stay on top of laundry, cleaning, errands, etc. or you’ll be swallowed whole.  Well, I have been eaten alive.  I am feeling very overwhelmed with everything that I have to do since I was basically incapacitated for a week.  I know we weren’t sick for a whole week, but when I have company I usually try to enjoy myself and try not to be so anal about everything that needs to be done.  I am so happy that I do this because it’s not often that I get to hang out with family and friends, but I have to sort of play catch up.  Everyone knows what I mean, this is normal! 
I went to the gym this morning, and made Butternut Squash soup, homemade croutons and homemade Caesar dressing.  I faxed our tax returns to my dad and that’s all I’ve been able to accomplish so far.  I have to ship out the Girl Scout cookies, and I attempted to do so, but the experience with Carson and Dylan was so horrible that I actually had to pack the car back up and leave!  I had forgotten to put my stroller back in the trunk and I realized this once I got there.  Well, I decided to be brave and go in anyway.  I got the kids out of the car, grabbed my giant bag, and two boxes of cookies and some other things that I had to ship off.  I had Carson on one hip (since we couldn’t find his shoes, and this wouldn’t have been an issue had I had the stroller) and Dylan walked next to me.  Someone helped me through the door and as soon as I got inside I told the boys to sit on the chairs next to me and eat their Oreos.  Uh, didn’t happen.  I am trying to find the right boxes for each cookie order, grabbing labels, taping things, and they knew it.  They were running around getting into the boxes, getting into the greeting cards, and eventually Carson tackled Dylan to the ground for the last Oreo.  It was a nightmare that felt like forever but it was actually only a few minutes.  I had to pack everything up, but I couldn’t get everything into a nice bundle like I did on the way in, so I was dropping everything all over the place while trying to grab the boys and keep them from fighting.  Dylan lost a shoe on the way out and a lady brought it to me, and this nice old lady helped me get my things into the car so the boys wouldn’t dart into the parking lot.  THIS is the reason why I never go anywhere without my stroller.  I left, not mailing anything.  I think that I need to designate an “errand day” at this juncture in my life and leave the boys with my wonderful mother-in-law who loves to keep them!  This is a tough age, for sure.  And my boys are good, too. 
If Hell weren’t a place of raging, hot flames and instead were a place that you really despised and could be seriously unhappy living in for the rest of eternity, you know, your own personal Hell, mine would be the Post Office.  I hate that place more than the dentist’s office.   I’m telling you, kids know that it’s a place that they can completely run all over you because you have to concentrate on what you’re doing!  I think in one of my entries a couple of weeks ago I wrote about shipping the wrong packages to the wrong people, because I was so damn distracted! 
I love my life, and I really hate to sound like I am complaining.  I’m really not complaining; I just want to get back into my routine.  And there is no routine when people are sick and things are unorganized!  At least I’m finding the time to blog.  This is now my outlet, and one day the kids can read  it and know that sometimes there were reasons that mommy was so mean! 
So for the rest of the day I think I am going to stay around here, catch up on things around the house and oh yea, I almost forgot!  I have to stay here because Comcast is coming to fix the channels that aren’t working!  I hope that everyone is doing really well and enjoying an early Spring, well, not for you Wisconsinites.  Sorry, it really sucks to be up there.  HAHA! 
I forgot to mention one thing.....last night I had a dream about Will Ferrell saying "That's extraordinary!"  I woke up laughing.  That's the whole dream, him saying "That's extraordinary."  It was hilarious.
Here’s the Word of the Day, not one of my favorites.  I think it's a really gross word:
masticate \MAS-tih-kayt\, transitive verb:
1. To grind or crush with or as if with the teeth in preparation for swallowing and digestion; to chew; as, "to masticate food."
2. To crush or knead (rubber, for example) into a pulp.
intransitive verb:
1. To chew food.

1 comment: