Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday Morning

Yesterday morning I went to yoga because I woke up very sore.  It felt like the kind of achy feeling you get when you’re getting sick, but I didn’t feel feverish and I refuse to catch anything else.  I kept telling myself that it was just from working out (even though it didn’t feel like that kind of ache) and I stretched it out in yoga.  I think it was from hardly sleeping the night before and when I did, a baby was on one of my limbs.  I really think that until I start sleeping, I am going to feel awful some days like I have for the past two years.  So anyway, I was in some type of twisty position to loosen my shoulders and it was so painful I actually felt nauseous and hot, but I pushed through it and it seemed to help.  Sometimes when everyone else is sick, Mom knows that she can’t, and then later after everyone else is finished being sick, that’s when she gets sick.  I remember one day when Dylan was around two-months-old I had a fever, I think that my temperature was around 100 or 101.  I felt terrible and had been in and out of sleep with the babies all day.  That evening I felt like Dylan was warm and I took his temperature and I remember it being very high for a newborn.  I immediately felt better and never actually caught what the kids ended up getting because I knew that I couldn’t.  Dads don’t seem to have that ability; if they are getting sick, they are getting sick.  I definitely just needed sleep last night, because I went to bed very early and although I got up several times, I feel good this morning.  I’m cleaning the house today and going to the gym. 
I have been attempting to take the pacifiers away from the boys and Carson has been surprisingly accepting of the idea.  He talks so much more without it and speaks so clearly!  After yoga I went to buy a pair of sunglasses because I have needed a new pair for a while now.  I’ve been squinting, and we all know how terrified I am of premature wrinkles!  Anyway, I was trying on different pairs while holding Carson, because he wouldn’t sit quietly in his stroller seat, and I said “Do you like these?”  And Carson said “I do!”  He said it so clear, and cheerfully, like he really liked them.  It was so cute. 
Then last night we had “UP” on the kitchen TV last night while the kids were eating dinner and in it the little girl says “You don’t talk much.  I like you!”  After she said it Carson said “I like you!”  I definitely needed to take the pacifiers away a long time ago, especially since the boys started talking at such a young age, but the pediatrician said that he thought that it was okay to let them use them and is one of those doctors who believe in the purpose that they serve—so I didn’t make a big deal about them.  But it sure is nice to hear what’s on your little ones’ minds! 
I love Saturday mornings.  I woke up this morning with Carson and had breakfast with him on his tiny table.  Everyone else slept and we watched some cartoons and colored.  It’s nice getting one-on-one time with each kid, and it doesn’t happen as much as I'd like, but I try.  Although I will say that it happens with Carson more than any of the other kids because he demands it often!  He's my monkey.  I hope that everyone has a great Saturday! 
Here’s today’s word:
confute \kuhn-FYOOT\, transitive verb:
To overwhelm by argument; to refute conclusively; to prove or show to be false.

No comments:

Post a Comment