Monday, March 7, 2011

Sweet Soundgarden

I had a really good day today; in fact it was so good that I want to save writing about it for tomorrow when I have the time and energy to devote to it.  I did a lot of thinking and had some really good conversations and I really feel compelled to jot it all down.  Right now the boys keep getting out of bed and laughing and saying “I twoooooo!” and I am starting to get sick of going in there and putting them back into their beds!  However, it’s my fault that they aren’t ready for bed.  We went to the gym this evening because I got my hair done today during the time that we usually go.  Is it bad to lift weights and crave cookies?  I really want some cookies right now for some reason.  Usually I have the attitude that if I want a cookie, I should eat a cookie.  I don’t deprive myself because I don’t pig out, but after lifting weights?  That seems wrong!  My poor arm muscles are like “Come on, Britt!  Give us something to work with, will ya?”  Whatever.  I’m having a cookie.

Before I got the boys ready for bed they were watching something on TV with us, I think it was on National Geographic and it was about space and time and the planets and stuff.  Dylan, out of all of the words that he could have said, copied the TV and said “black hole”.  And of course when we laughed about it, he kept saying it.  So naturally, as I was putting them to bed I was singing “Black Hole Sun” which is not exactly an ideal lullaby!  Remember how creepy that video was?  I was like 13 and scared to death of it!  There's something about a grandma stoned on the sofa watching birds fly around a chandelier that doesn't sit well with me.  Nothing like a little Soundgarden to bring you sweet dreams, right? 

For all of you old people (and I mean really old, because I’m old now too—I’m kidding) here’s the link to the video so that you can see what I am rambling about.  Below it is your Word of the Day.


chortle \CHOR-tl\, transitive and intransitive verb:
1. To utter, or express with, a snorting, exultant laugh or chuckle.
noun:
1. A snorting, exultant laugh or chuckle.

1 comment: