Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Little Boy

I am now in unfamiliar territory.  I was getting Carson and Dylan to bed, which required standing by their door and continuing to go in and place them back into bed.  While I was doing that, Lindsey was practicing her lines and waiting for me to run through them with her.  Meanwhile, down the hall Logan is peacefully sleeping in his bed, or so I thought.  I went in to admire the precious little dreamer when I noticed a light coming from underneath his covers and I realized that he was not dreaming, but wide awake and up to no good.  I assumed that it was his DS illuminating the blanket.  I was on the verge of yelling at him for sneaking a video game in bed and he said “No, Mommy!  No!”  I grabbed the light and it was not a DS, but a plastic flashlight from a Happy Meal, which had been busy shining the VICTORIA’S SECRET magazine that lay hidden under his covers.  I was speechless.  He kept saying that our next door neighbor gave it to him and I just said “Go to bed.”  I went down and told Don, but of course he laughed and said that he’s just curious and that there’s nothing to handle.  I went upstairs and said “Don’t read magazines after bedtime, Logan.” 

Next time I see a light in Logan’s room, I’ll know that it's a job for his dad.  Logan was mortified.  I was stunned, speechless, and I still haven’t picked my jaw up from the floor.  My little boy……..

Here’s the Word of the Day:

lucre \LOO-kuhr\, noun:
Monetary gain; profit; riches; money; -- often in a bad sense.

4 comments:

  1. OMG Brit! That is hilarious. And just think, you have 3 boys. The fun has just begun - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time for the chastity belt for LEC! Got to protect her from her brother's friends since we know what's on their minds now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's another reason boys Logan's age are looking at those magazines.
    (Paste into your browser - link not live)

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/26/abercrombie-padded-bikini-8-year-olds_n_841026.html

    ReplyDelete