Friday, March 4, 2011

Piers Morgan and Charlie Sheen....Two and a Half Douchebags

After posting about the pathetic and useless Charlie Sheen, I was sent this link (Thanks, Gerg!) and I think that the article speaks for itself.  And let’s just say right now that I will never watch the new Larry King, Piers Morgan.  Is this guy a joke, or what?  If I had the chance to grill Sheen, his publicist would be strangling herself.  It reminds me of my 2nd year in journalism school.  I learned about media conglomerates and how they often have agendas.  I was heartbroken, and I quickly learned that the wanna-be-do-gooders (me) in this business have to really stick their necks out and risk their careers if they are genuinely in search of the truth.  They’re out there, and I admire them, but Piers Morgan is not one of them.  Is he even a reporter?  Didn’t he come from some B-list judging panel?  I guess I should cut him some slack then?  Well I refuse.  Larry King may have been goofy, but he didn’t seem afraid of the network.  Seriously, read this article and see how he interviewed Sheen, if you can call it an interview. 
Piers: "Have you ever hit a woman?" 
Charlie: "No."
Piers: "Oh, ok!  Cool then!  What's your favorite color?"
That's some hard-hitting interviewing, Piers.  Really cutthroat questioning!
I definitely veered into an unexpected direction, talking about Morgan.  The article is called “The Disposable Woman” and it pertains to what I wrote about yesterday.  Read it; it’s good.
Here’s your Word of the Day:
gastronome \GAS-truh-nohm\, noun:
A connoisseur of good food and drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment