Saturday, March 26, 2011

I'm Back!

It has been so weird not writing for the past few days!  I have definitely missed it!  I had a great time this week with my cousin, Zoë, and I am so happy that I took all of the time I could gather to spend with her.  She’s such a great kid.  The weird thing is that she’s actually closer in age to Lindsey than me and she’s only 4 years older than Peyton, but we were able to hang out and we didn’t feel like we are far apart in age.  I guess it’s because I act goofy and like a child, and she’s very mature for 17.  And I didn’t act like her mother because I swore to myself that I wouldn’t and I am proud to say that I didn’t.  I did have to catch her up on a lot of movies and I definitely felt old when she’d say things like “Who’s Molly Ringwald?” But that’s how it goes, I guess! 

I took her to Yoga twice and Pilates once.  She loved Yoga but wanted to die during Pilates and wanted to kill me later because she was so sore.  I took her to the awesome lady on Tuesdays that pretty much tortures everyone.  The rest of the time we watched movies, took walks, and snuggled and played with the boys.  She wanted to eat Dylan because he’s so cute and squishy!  As far as movies, we watched: Gone with the Wind, Food, Inc., When Harry Met Sally, The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo’s Fire, and we planned on watching Steel Magnolias, but we ran out of time. 

I took her downtown on Wednesday.  We had lunch and went to the High.  I have wanted to go to that museum for the past 7 years and have never made time, so I was really excited to go.  They had a “Toulouse Lautrec and Friends” exhibit that I definitely wanted to see.  If you’ve been in my house, you know how I love French vintage posters.  Nearly every room has them hanging on the walls!  I loved the exhibit because I saw a lot of his work that I had never seen before, but I also finally really understand how a lithograph is made.  I have briefly had it explained to me, but the museum had a step-by-step explanation of what a lithograph actually is hanging on the wall.  I was a little disappointed about one thing…..I love Degas and the exhibit claimed to have SOME Degas, but there was only one tiny little sketch, and it didn’t even look like his typical work.  It looked like he started something and didn’t finish it.  I was very sad! 

Thursday night we went shopping for the boys’ birthdays because they turned two yesterday! I absolutely can’t believe that they are two.  I know I’m supposed to say it every year, but I really mean it.  I can’t believe that I had them two years ago, and I can’t believe that I have been at home for two years already!  My babies aren’t babies anymore, but they are still my babies, they always will be.  We haven’t celebrated their birthday yet because I had to drive to Nashville to take Zoë back and Don had to drive to Birmingham to get Peyton.  Needless to say, yesterday was not the best day for a party!  I will post pictures of them on Monday, hopefully.  We are not only celebrating the babies’ birthdays, but we are celebrating Peyton’s birthday, which was on Tuesday; he turned 13!  Can you believe that? 

Carson and Dylan are speaking very well.  They are grasping the concept of saying “Please” and “Thank you” more lately and everything that they are saying is getting even clearer.  They are absolutely precious boys and I am so glad that God knew better than I did, and that they were born regardless of my plans to wait 2 or 3 more years than we did to have one.  That's right, I said ONE. Also glad that God knew better than me on that one too.  Glad I had two at a time.....twice! 

I hope that everyone has a great Saturday!  I have a lot to do today and tomorrow and really need to get moving!  No Word of the Day because I accidentally deleted it this morning.  I am posting a few Toulouse Lautrec pictures though!  

No comments:

Post a Comment