Monday, March 28, 2011

Birthday Boys and Pointe Shoes

This past weekend was very long.  It felt long because I felt like I had to throw so much together at the last minute.  I successfully ordered a cake for the boys, finished shopping for them, and got the family together for a little party.  I told Don that I am so happy that I only have one girl because although I love to plan parties, I don’t have time.  I have accepted that it’s just not possible for me to do at this time, and Lindsey is the only one who cares about the cute and themed party anyway.  The boys want two things: cake and presents.  And that’s what they all got.  Originally we were going to Dave and Buster's but they were closed for a private event.  Peyton’s 2nd choice was bowling.  We knew that Carson and Dylan wouldn’t be able to bowl, but we let them pretend like they were with us.  They would roll the ball down the aisle and cheer for themselves afterward.  Everyone had fun.  The boys both got cars to drive around in, you know, the red and yellow Flintstone-like cars?  They got a sand and water table for outside, they got two little “shoot-shoots”, a.k.a. Nerf guns.  They got a big basketball hoop and a bunch of clothes.  They spent hours riding around in their cars last night; of course they want the same one and keep fighting, even though they are exactly the same.  One of them is harder to maneuver, but just slightly.  Leave it to the twins to notice the differences!

Peyton is definitely a teenager now because he asked for clothes for his birthday.  And by the way, he's much taller than me now.  In February he was just a hair taller than me; I am 5'3.  Now I feel like he's actually towering over me.  I feel small next to him; sort of a bizarre feeling.  I asked him if it's weird to be looking down at me and he said that it isn't.  I guess I am the only one who finds it odd that I used to hold his hand and bend down to talk to him and now his clothes are bigger than mine. 
Here’s the only picture I have from yesterday.  I forgot my cameras…..aren’t I a wonderful mother?  Carson was cramming his face into his plate and we were all laughing because he had cake up his nose and all over his face.  He thought it was hilarious.  It isn't the best picture, but ah well.  At least it's something!  Our eyes look satanic, but I didn't find the time to edit it  If you click on it it looks better.


Lindsey went to the ballet with her Uncle Bill on Saturday night.  He bought her a pair of autographed Pointe shoes and she’s been dancing around in them all weekend.  They actually fit her; that ballerina must be a midget.  Or little person?  What’s PC?  Of course, I have been telling her to take them off because her feet aren’t finished growing and I don’t want her to ruin them.  She told her dance teacher that she wants to be on Pointe right now, but Miss Devan said “NO, Chenault!  Not until you’re 12!  Your feet aren’t done growing!  You’re nuts!” I keep reminding Lindsey that she said that, but I keep finding them on her feet.  Lindsey said “If I get to dance around in Pointe shoes I won’t even want to wear tap shoes anymore.  I will never take them off!”  Cute.

I have an extremely busy week and on top of the endless errands, I have to get the house back into shape.  When I have company I sort of let the house go because I am enjoying my guests!  I will write a little every day though!  I’m reading a book right now.  It’s called “Rebecca” by  Daphne Du Maurier.  One of my old English professors that I have kept in touch with told me that I have to read it.  Hopefully I will make time to read this week.

Here’s the Word of the Day:

afflatus \uh-FLAY-tuhs\, noun:
A divine imparting of knowledge; inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment