Saturday, March 31, 2012

Yay for Lindsey!

Lindsey had cheer clinic Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and tried out on Thursday.  She worked so hard all week, and we found out yesterday that she made it! 

The fact that she had to tryout for something was really weird for me.  It reminded me that they are no longer little kids; they are going into middle school and things get more difficult.  Lindsey has danced for 7 years and cheered for 3, so I knew that she had experience, but I was prepared for her not to make it because there were like 120 girls trying out.  (For 6th, 7th and 8th grade together.)  Lindsey doesn't tumble, so I guess I thought that it might hold her back.  Apparently jumps count just as much as tumbling, according to Lindsey.  Still, Don is sending her to gymnastics this summer so she can get the basic cheer tumbling skills.  He supports cheerleading more than I do because I cheered and it isn't something that I have been able to carry throughout my life.  I've always regretted not playing tennis or doing something that I can keep up.  You can always dance, but you can't always cheer.  Lindsey says that she will always dance and she says that if she had to choose, she would always choose dance, but we are trying to give her both.  She won't be able to be in company next year—that was my deal with her; she'll just have to take regular dance classes now that she's cheering for such a strict squad, but she is fine with it.  We were lucky last year that the two didn't conflict, but that won't happen again.  Also, I can't handle it.  It was too much.

I am not knocking cheerleading by saying that Don supports it more than I do, and I am not saying that it didn't give me anything; I guess it gave me something.  I was in yoga yesterday and a lady asked me how long I had been practicing.  I said almost 2 years.  She asked if I was a dancer or cheerleader and I said yes.  She said "I knew you had to be!"  I smiled and thanked her for being so sweet.  It does give you flexibility, balance and coordination that seem to never go away.  It also makes you less shy......not that I have ever had a problem with that.  Ha ha. 

I asked Lindsey if she was at all nervous when she tried out and she said no, just excited.  She's so cute.

I have to get going....have to jump in the car to take her to dance. 

boon \boon\, noun:
1. Something to be thankful for; blessing; benefit.
2. Something that is asked; a favor sought.



No comments:

Post a Comment