Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

As many of you know, Lindsey had a dance competition this past Saturday.   First of all, it was scheduled the same weekend of St. Patrick's Day, an auto show, and the nerd convention.  What's it called when the people dress up as Star Trek characters and comic book creatures?  There were a bunch of those people walking down the street together.  It was funny. 

Anyway, Lindsey and I rode with another mother and two other dancers.  We were supposed to be at the World Congress Center at 12:30, so we left at 11:00.  We knew that there was a parade and that a bunch of streets were closed, so we had directions for an alternate route, BUT we kept going straight on North avenue when we were supposed to stay on Northside Drive.  The girls almost missed their stage time, which would have disqualified their group.  Luckily, we were all together and I was able to jump out of the car with the girls at the door while the other mother parked the car.  We ran like you cannot believe.  I had been holding a handful of safety pins in my hand while I ran and as soon as we met up with our group, I started pinning the girls’ skirts and the other mothers helped.  I had knots in my stomach until the girls got off stage. 

The good news is that the girls looked awesome!  I would have video, but you aren't allowed to tape them!!!  They got 2nd place for their category for both of their dances and received ribbons.  It was a great day, but very long.  We got home very late.  I know that I ate dinner at 10:00, if that tells you how long the day was. 

By the way, the awards ceremony was the worst thing that any of us had ever experienced because you couldn’t understand a word the announcer said and it lasted two hours.  He held the mic so close to his mouth, I swear, I heard his tongue licking the metal more than actual words. 

Last night I made an Angel Food cake that ended up exploding in the oven.  I don't know what happened!  I guess I stirred it too long or something!  It was everywhere and it really sucked cleaning it up. 

One last thing….I saw a guy at the grocery store yesterday that was wearing a shirt that said “I’d rather be working out”.  HAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!  He was like 45, over-tanned, and his veins were sticking out of his neck.  It was really funny.  Poor guy, but that's so awful. 

Today I packed my picnic basket and took the boys out exploring.  We ate under a tree in the shade.  We were covered in pollen.  This weather is INSANE!  At this rate, we're all going to burst into flames by July!

Here's the Word of the Day, if you're still reading!  Ha ha. 

carp \kahrp\, verb:
1. To find fault or complain querulously or unreasonably.
noun:
1. A peevish complaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment