Monday, March 26, 2012

Weekend Recap and Pictures

So, this is what happens when you plan everything.....nothing goes the way you expect it to.  Actually, I think that I try to squeeze entirely too much into 24 hours, pretty much on a regular basis, and then I beat myself up for "failing". 

I ran around on Saturday, all day.  I mean ALL DAY.  I got up early, went to Pilates, took Lindsey to dance, and then we ran errands.  I ended up not being able to go to the baby shower for my friend because I had too much to do.  I apologized profusely and brought the shower gift to her house before she had to leave.  Lindsey and I had ballet tickets for 8 pm.  The shower would have been over by the time we had to go to the ballet, but I either had to make the boys' cake and wrap presents and do all of the other stuff that I had on my list BEFORE the shower or at midnight, after the ballet.  I just couldn't squeeze it all in.  She understood, of course. 

It was nice to go to the ballet after running around all day.  This ballet was so cool and very modern.  It was called "Man in Black" (Atlanta Ballet, of course) and it was divided into three parts.  The first part was, hmmmm, how do I describe it....the way that the dancers moved made you forget that you were watching bodies.  It looked similar to the way I imagine cells bouncing around in a human body.  It was crazy.  Very cool and unique.  The second part was three guys and a girl, wearing cowboy boots and dancing to Johnny Cash music.  (Hence, Man in Black.) I haven't ever been a huge Johnny Cash fan because I really haven't been exposed to him, but I have to say that I liked his voice to the dancing.  There's something about his voice that amplifies the lyrics, especially Trent Reznor's "Hurt".  (I never listen to Nine Inch Nails anymore because they are sort of demented and depressing, but I used to like them.)  They also danced to Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind", and it sounded way better when Johnny Cash covered it; not so cheesy.  The third part of the ballet was modern, but more traditional than the other two.  I guess it was more of a lyrical.  It was to classical music, but I don't know, it was still pretty non-traditional.

As for Sunday......I missed church because I am a heathen.  Logan and I took the boys on a walk and then we drove downtown to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday at Serpas.  This restaurant is amazing.  Anything you order is going to be delicious.  It's in the Old Fourth Ward.  My plan was to go to the zoo after we ate, but I forgot my wallet in my other purse and didn't realize that I didn't have it until it was too late.  I am buying a yearly pass, so I sort of needed my money!  I was driving around without my license, but I remembered to bring my video camera....that way I could film myself when I got a ticket for having driving without a license!  Geez, Brit.  It's so ridiculous how I forget stuff sometimes.  Anyway, we came home, the boys took a nap, and I cleaned up a bit and did some laundry.  Lindsey and Dylan are chilling in the tent in the picture below:




I wish I were a kid again.
 We went over to Don's parents' house to open their presents, and then we came back home to eat dinner and cake and open more presents.  The boys were up very late and I think that Don and I only got about three hours of sleep.  Here are some more pictures below.  I haven't gotten to mine yet; my father-in-law sent these.  He is much more on top of his camera than I am with mine.  The boys loved all of their presents and they had a wonderful day. 







Finally, who had a Martini and watched "Mad Men"?  The show was so good, but I couldn't even drink the Martini.  My tummy was too full and it was making me sick.  Did anyone watch it the show?  I really did have red lips, in case you were wondering, Matt Taylor.  ;)  He requested a picture of me with my Martini and red lips, but I didn't get around to it.  Sorry, Matt! 



Here's the Word of the Day:

catechize \KAT-i-kahyz\, verb:
1. To question closely.
2. To instruct orally by means of questions and answers, especially in Christian doctrine.
3. To question with reference to belief.


No comments:

Post a Comment