Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Night with the Carpet Stylist

I'm not going to sell Lindsey at a yard sale anymore.  She was very sorry about cutting the carpet with scissors after staining it with red nail polish.  She made a list of things that she needs to work on and a list of things she's grateful for.  How could I still be angry?  She showed remorse and cried.  The purpose of a childhood is to learn, not to be perfect.  Plus, I thought about it and remembered that Logan has done about 600 stupid things like that, so Lindsey should get a pass.  Lindsey and I had a good talk and then went shopping for Dylan and Carson's birthday last night.  We came home and watched "Mama Mia".  All is good on the home front.

I am going to Pilates this morning and then taking Lindsey to dance.  She dances for an hour today.  After that, I am attempting to make a birthday cake for the boys.  I always buy cakes, but I have always wanted to bake one myself.  Honestly, I am scared of making one and having it turn out to look like a blob.  Remember last week when I made an Angel Food Cake and it ended up exploding in the oven?  This could be a very bad idea. 

I also have a baby shower to go to tonight.  Speaking of babies.....I thought I was on that show "What Would You Do?" yesterday.  I saw a lady driving with a baby on her lap.  She pulled into the parking place in front of me and then took off, the whole time; a baby was on her lap.  It wasn't Britney Spears, in case you're curious.  I got her license plate number, but she pulled into another parking place.  I was relieved, but I still made sure that the gym people knew to watch her and to make sure that the baby was put into a car seat when she left.  I still didn't like that she was driving with a baby on her lap in a parking lot, but it wasn't the main road and I thought that I should cut her some slack.  Maybe her parents dropped her on her head or drove around with her on their laps when she was little. 

I watch "Primetime: What Would You Do" and in 99.9% of the situations, I know that I would either run my mouth or call the police.  I just can't ever seem to shut up when I see something ridiculous or when someone is being mistreated.  Mistreat me, I stand there speechless.  Mistreat someone else?  Uh-uh, no way.  There have only been two shows when I have thought that I wouldn't say something.  One, a gang was beating a boy up.  UMMMM, I don't think that my 5'3 self should ever walk into the middle of a gang fight and start yelling.  I would call the police though.  The other situation, a dog was locked in a car with the window cracked.  A baby locked in a car?  Yes, I would flip out on someone, but a dog?  I love dogs, and I don't like it when they are enclosed in a car, but I probably wouldn't get involved.  I love that show. 

I just don't understand why anyone would drive a car with a baby on their lap.  Car seats aren't expensive, and if you are too lazy to buckle them, then I don't even know what to say.  And ok, the baby is crying?  He'll cry a lot more if he gets struck by a car!  Some people.....it's just unreal how stupid people are.  Speaking of stupid.....listen to this girl.  OMG.  No she DIDN'T!!!  Don sent this to me.  I say "at least she's hot."



This post is so all over the place.  I'm like a pinball machine. 



conniption \kuh-NIP-shuhn\, noun:
A fit of hysterical excitement or anger.






1 comment:

  1. Omg...I haven't seen that for a long time. A.j. Slater totally cannot keep a straight face.

    ReplyDelete