Friday, March 23, 2012

My Cousin, Birthdays, and Chaos

My cousin, Zoë, has been visiting for the past week.  I took her back yesterday.  Well, I drove her halfway to Nashville.  Her grandparents picked her up and took her back to Indiana.  This kid is so cute.  She is smart, she's a dancer, she was Homecoming Queen, she is fluent in French, she is beautiful, she's so tiny that you could carry her around in a Dixie cup.....she wants to move here and I think if she does, I am going to have to tell everyone that she's 17, not 18.  I actually thought that she was 17 and she corrected me.  DAMN!  Now she's legal and I will have to fight guys off with a stick for her when she moves here.  She came to the gym with me Wednesday night and I was practically growling at the old guys that were checking her out.  NOT cool.  Age is just a number, unless we are talking about my 18-year-old cousin.  She hasn't really ever had a boyfriend because she doesn't want to be tied down at such a young age.  She talks about moving to France and marrying a French man, but not until she's a lot older.  She's double majoring in business and French with a concentration on International business....or something like that.   She's precious.  We had a really great time together.  And I have to admit, it’s awesome that she wants to spend her spring break with me, for the second year in a row.  I must be semi-fun to be around.  I was doing keg stands and funneling beer when I was her age, so it’s pretty impressive that she came to see me instead of partying at the beach.

Look at this!  It’s a car-charging station at Cracker Barrel.  I had never seen one.  Pretty sweet!

I want an electric car! 
 

By the time I got home from Nashville I had a severe sinus headache.  I hate pollen.  I have been taking medicine, but it didn't help yesterday.  I missed Zumba last night because I was in pain and dizzy.  Pollen makes me clumsy and dizzy.  Is that weird? 

Yesterday was Peyton and my brother-in-law's birthday.  Happy Birthday, Bill and Peyton, since I didn't post yesterday!  Peyton is 14!  I can’t believe he’s 14.   

As for today, I am taking my brother-in-law out to breakfast after I go to the gym, then I am taking the boys to get their hair cut, and a little later I have to take Lindsey to the doctor for a physical so she can try out for cheerleading next week.  She has camp Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and try-outs on Thursday.  I still have to figure out how I am going to get her to dance on time.  She may miss dance; not sure yet.

Today is crazy, but Saturday and Sunday won't be any less busy.  Carson and Dylan turn three on Sunday, which I can't believe.  They want to go to the zoo.  Dylan wants to buy a "baby panda like Lulu's" at the little zoo shop.  They want a Konkey George (Curious George) cake with chocolate icing.  Dylan planned everything.  He also wants blue icing on his cake, so I guess that will be the letters.  The end of March is always a lot of fun, but very busy.  I also still have to shop for the boys' birthdays.  (All three.)  Carson wants a new V-Smile with some games, Dylan says that he wants more cars (of course), and Peyton never seems to have any ideas.  I am buying a zoo membership for the boys because we love to go all year, and that’s pretty much all I’ve got so far.

Finally, more exciting weekend stuff—MAD MEN COMES BACK ON SUNDAY NIGHT!  I can't wait!  You can believe me when I say that I will be painting my lips red and drinking a Martini while I watch the show.....because I am a loser—but I will be in polka dots and my lips will be red, so whatever.  I wish you were here, Brea and Mom!  I know that we would all be losers together! 

Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

P.S. Lindsey spilled red nail polish on her carpet.  She isn’t even allowed to paint her nails without my supervision because I thought that this might happen.  She's lucky that I will ever consider speaking with her again.  I can't even talk about it.  I am so angry.  I am getting close to selling Lindsey.  Anyone want a high-maintenance, dramatic ten-year-old?  I am totally kidding.  Lindsey, if you are reading this—I am kidding and I love you, but you stained my carpet. 

Here's the Word of the Day.  Have a great weekend:

moschate \MOS-keyt\, adjective:
Having a musky smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment