Friday, April 1, 2011

I Can't Talk!

I have no voice.  Brittany Chenault cannot talk.  Hell must have frozen over or something because I have never shut up for longer than 10 minutes.  I’m sure that there are some of you that can’t imagine me being quiet for an extended period of time, or maybe even five minutes.  But I am telling you, my voice is gone.  I can barely get a whisper out and it hurts so badly when I try, I am forced to complete silence.  I knew I was getting sick last week, but I kept going to the gym and fighting the fact that I didn’t feel well.  Two nights ago I felt awful and took some medicine.  Yesterday morning I had a voice, but barely. It was raspy and cracking.  By 5 pm it was gone.  Don yelled from downstairs and said “Do you want some pizza?”  I kept trying to say yes, but nothing would come out!  It was frustrating.  He said “Knock on the wall.  Once for yes and twice for no!”  Pretty funny if you ask me.  As for the kids, it was frustrating because I couldn’t yell “Stop!” or “No!” but it was sort of nice when Logan kept asking me questions.  I could point at my throat.  He always asks questions and as cute and sweet as he is, it’s a little exhausting to explain things like “what dirt is” and “why squirrels eat nuts” every five minutes of your life. 

As for me today, I am taking medicine and resting as much as I can with the boys, who are still sleeping.  I don’t think that they feel very well either.  We’re always sick here.  Don’t visit or you’ll catch The Plague. 

Here’s your Word of the Day:

gravitas \GRAV-uh-tahs\, noun:
High seriousness (as in a person's bearing or in the treatment of a subject).

No comments:

Post a Comment