Thursday, April 7, 2011

Carson Update.....

I didn’t write yesterday or the day before because I am busy taking care of Carson, as you can imagine.  His surgery went smoothly and he couldn’t have been more cooperative and sweet.  We got to the hospital at 7:30 for his surgery, which was scheduled for 9:30, but it was delayed for some reason.  He went in around 12:30, I think, and I was right—as soon as they rolled him away I started crying.  I knew that the moment that I let someone else take him I would be upset, but of course, that is normal.  The surgery took about 45 minutes and he was in recovery for another 45 minutes.  When they brought him back to me he was crying because he didn’t like the IV in his hand.  All day, the only thing that he was upset about was the hospital bracelet and the IV.  He slept for a while and as soon as I could get him to drink an ounce of juice and keep it down, we were free to go. 

He is supposed to stay off of his leg for two weeks, which seems nearly impossible, but it’s actually going really well.  I dropped Dylan off at Don’s mom’s house on Monday night and he stayed there until last night because I was worried about keeping Carson in one place while chasing Dylan.  But Carson understands that he has a boo-boo on his leg and that he isn’t allowed to walk.  He gets bored, but luckily, the pain meds are keeping him more chilled out than he naturally is.  He’s a monkey, remember?  He has an antibiotic that he takes every 6 hours, even in the middle of the night, and he has the pain medication.  He’s being a trooper.   Things got a little more difficult when Dylan got here, but it’s really ok.  Actually, I have Lindsey to thank for that.  She is able to entertain Dylan when I am with Carson.

I thought an update was much needed, but I really have to go.  Carson is getting squirmy.  I thank you for your prayers and appreciate the comforting words that we received on the day of his surgery.  I realize that we are truly blessed and have a lot of people who care about us.  I know that Carson is loved by many people. 



métier \met-YAY; MET-yay\, noun:
1. An occupation; a profession.
2. An area in which one excels; an occupation for which one is especially well suited.

No comments:

Post a Comment