Sunday, April 17, 2011

Here Comes Colombo!

I just have a minute to write and I guess that’s ok since nothing interesting has happened and I haven’t had any interesting thoughts lately, which is what I prefer to write about—but  I do have a funny story.   Logan and Lindsey LOVE to tattle on each other.  You can see the excitement on their faces when they’re about to get the other one into trouble and because they’re so hateful to each other, I love when I get to tell them that I am really the culprit and that I’m responsible for what they’re tattling about!  Logan gets to tell on Lindsey because she picks at him and she is equally as mean to him as he is to her, but he doesn’t ever get to tell on her for something REALLY juicy because she doesn’t do anything crazy-bad but maybe once or twice a year.  Last night Logan came to me while I was in the kitchen and looked really happy, like he had big news.  At the same time, he seemed alarmed and was preparing me that I was going to be alarmed and angry.  He said “I saw Lindsey with a pen and I saw a tiny speck of ink on my sheets, so she must have colored on my sheets.  Then,” he is very dramatic at this point, “I went into the bathroom and she drew CIRCLES ALL over the WALL!”  Well, I burst his little bubble and said “Lindsey didn’t do that.  I did it.  I am painting polka dots on the bathroom wall to match your shower curtain.”  Logan, aka “Colombo” went back to his room disappointed that he didn’t get her into trouble.  I don’t know why that’s so funny to me!  HAHA!  She does it too, and I get the biggest kick out of it, I guess because like 20 times a day they really DO get to tattle and I have to end up yelling at someone.

Here’s the Word of the Day:
scurrilous \SKUR-uh-luhs\, adjective:
1. Grossly or obscenely abusive.
2. Characterized by or using low buffoonery.

No comments:

Post a Comment