Saturday, April 2, 2011

Carson Smiles......

My voice has come back finally, but it’s very painful to talk and it feels forced.  I went to Pilates this morning and jumped on the elliptical hoping to loosen the junk in my chest.  It didn’t work.  All that happened is that I started feeling like my lungs were on fire and got a light-headed.  I told my friend Kerri (by text) that I was running on the elliptical and she called me crazy.  I am!  What the hell is wrong with me?

Today is all about getting stuff done around the house because Carson is having surgery on Tuesday and I know that I’ll be busy taking care of him and may not be able to do the things I need to do.  If I can get ahead now, I won’t get too behind.  For all of you wondering why Carson has to have surgery, he was born with a larger birthmark on his leg that looks suspicious.  He’s had it tested and it’s fine, but it needs to come off because it shows activity and that’s never a good thing.  I know that he will be alright, but I would appreciate your prayers.  Any time a little one has to be put to sleep, it’s very scary.  I am trying to not to worry about it, but I know that I must be apprehensive because I am hugging him even more than I usually do and I am letting him eat a lot of chocolate and sweets.  There aren’t words to describe how much you love your children and I thank God every single day for mine.  I know that He’ll be watching over Carson next week.  I have to remember that and not to worry.  Carson is my little Monkey and I am rarely without him.  It’ll be weird to let them take him away from me to operate on him, and then sitting there, ugh……I have to stop talking about it.  I am just, I don’t know…..

I took this picture of Carson at the dentist a few days ago and I love it because when I picture Carson smiling when I close my eyes, this is the exact face I see.  He always says cheese even before you get your camera out.  He’s so sweet and smart.  I am really blessed. I love him so much.



Carson has a monkey that he carries around and sleeps with, his name is Baby Monkey.  He picked it out at the store when he was maybe 9 months old and has been attached to it ever since.  Well, the thing is just plain weird looking.  It has huge eyes and it looks like someone squeezed it until its eyes exploded.  Don's brother, Bill, pointed out that its eyes are actually bigger than its hands.  You get the point; it's a weird looking stuffed animal.  My sister Ashli mailed him a birthday present last week.  It's the same exact monkey, but even smaller.  So now he has Baby Monkey and Mini-Monkey and carries around both and makes the bigger one hold the little one.  He loves it now, but at first he was confused.  Baby Monkey wasn't around when I gave him Ash's present.  He looked at the mini-monkey strangely and I think he thought that his monkey shrunk or something.  When he saw the two of them together he thought it was funny.  He laughs constantly about the size of this mini-monkey.  This weird looking stuffed animal totally fits Carson's personality because Carson has always been very animated and I swear, sometimes he looks up with these HUGE eyes and he resembles his monkey.....in a good way.  Carson is just very funny and so it suits him to have a funny stuffed friend.  Dylan is squishy and snuggly and a fuzzy bear sutis HIM well.  It's like those people who resemble their dogs.  Here's Carson with both monkeys.  Below is Dylan and his fuzzy Mr. Bear. 





 
I exchanged the “bad” car at Toys R Us this morning and Don is putting the new one together right now.  The boys are waiting patiently.  No more fighting!  Yay!  It turns out that the one that sucked was actually recalled and was never taken off the shelf, so I'm glad that the boys noticed that it didn't drive as well as the other one.  Some of the parts on it have been known to fall off and they are small enough for kids to choke on, so they made a different model.  So now we have two good cars.  All set! 

OH!  And I almost forgot to report.....the boys now say "I love you" and "I love you, Mama."  I could melt. 

I hope that everyone has a great day!  Here’s your Word:

unctuous \UNGK-choo-us\, adjective:
1. Of the nature or quality of an unguent or ointment; fatty; oily; greasy.
2. Having a smooth, greasy feel, as certain minerals.
3. Insincerely or excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech; marked by a false or smug earnestness or agreeableness.

No comments:

Post a Comment