Thursday, April 28, 2011

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day....

I talked to Brea last night and described my day and I told her that when I write this stuff, I wonder if it’s even believable sometimes.  But believe it, it’s true. 
Yesterday morning I walked a mile and a half to take the kids to school.  I took the babies, Lindsey, Logan, and our neighbor.  It looked a little grey outside, but I saw everyone else walking and so I knew that it was still on.  Since we had to leave the house at 7:30, I didn’t look at the weather and I wasn’t too concerned about it.  When I walked up to the school the vice principal saw me pushing the jogging stroller up the mountain of a hill and she shouted “No way!  No way!  I can’t believe that you came! You’re my idol!”  Then later, she saw me again and repeated that I was her idol.  I’m not sure what there is to idolize and I giggled about it, but it was very flattering and sweet.  She’s always so nice when I come in.  I had to talk to the music teacher about Lindsey’s music for the talent show; it needs to be cut down to three minutes.  I guess that everyone else left to go home within the ten minutes that I talked to the teacher because when I walked home, there was no one else out, which was fine until the sky got dark and the TORNADO sirens started sounding!  It started to rain out of nowhere and I pulled down the plastic on the stroller to protect the boys…..then I started crying and freaking out.  I called my neighbor to see what was going on.  She turned on the news and sure enough, there was a tornado warning until 9:45.  She came to pick me up and I ran as fast as I could until I saw her car.  I know that I called Don and tried to tell him that I was scared, but I probably just freaked him out more than anything.  It would have been one thing if it had only been me out there, but I had my babies and so I just kept praying to God that He would keep us safe.  Once my neighbor got there we hid the stroller in a ditch and put the boys on my lap—NO CAR SEATS. I am such a stickler about car seats and seat belts, but it was an emergency—I still couldn’t believe that I was riding a mile without them strapped in.  I was relieved once we were home, but then I was worried that someone would take my stroller.  It’s a very nice stroller, so I picked it up as soon as I could.
It had already been such a crappy day, why not get even crappier?  Dylan woke up with a fever of 99, but he is also cutting a tooth, so I didn’t think much about it.  He fell asleep after we picked the stroller up and when he woke up I took him to the table for lunch.  From the time he woke up and the time it took for me to make them a grilled cheese, he was burning up.  He was laying his little head on the table and not moving, so I knew that something was really wrong.  I took his temperature and it was 103!  I called the doctor and gave him Motrin.   When his temperature would come down he would sleep, and about 5 hours later it would spike again.  It wasn’t a good day.  Poor little Dylan says “Mama” all day over and over when he is sick.  Even now, on my lap…..”Mamaaaa, mamaaaa,” it’s his favorite word when he isn’t feeling well.  He says it pitifully when he’s throwing up, and then lovingly when he’s comfortable but sick, like right now.  He’s so cute.
Last night we had terribly scary weather; if you’ve watched the news, you know that.  The sirens were going off all night.  Brea called me last night and as soon as I said the words “I had such a bad day,” Dylan barfed on me.  She of course started laughing because any time she’s present in any way, a kid barfs on me.  I hadn’t noticed the coincidence, but it is true!  So yes, Dylan is throwing up now too.  I think it might be Strep or an ear infection.  He always throws up after I give him his fever reducer too, which sucks because then I don’t know if I should give him more or not.  I don’t want him to OD!  I am glad I talked to Brea last night, it cheered me up.  We had a great talk while Dylan slept on me. 
This morning I am taking Dylan to the doctor to see what’s going on.  I’m supposed to read to Logan’s class and I am determined to do it because it means a lot to him.  I don’t know though.  I still have to figure it all out.
I hope today is better than yesterday and I hope that everyone is well.  I have to go clean up the two barf spots on the carpet now.  And I can't even read through this or edit it, so if you found mistakes.....oh well!  Here’s the Word of the Day:

polymorphous \pol-ee-MAWR-fuhs\, adjective:
Having, assuming, or passing through many or various forms, stages, or the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment