Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Odd Couple

I sometimes wonder if Don and I will ever be able to watch a show together in peace ever again.  We used to watch “The Office” religiously, but around the time that I had the boys we stopped watching it.  In fact, I just learned that the show is almost over and I am so sad!  The reason that I am saying this is that Don and I attempted to watch “American Idol” together last night and I think we had to stop at Hailey. 

The evening went like this: I had to take Lindsey to dance and the boys and I stayed and watched her for a while but then we had to leave to run an errand.  As soon as we did that we turned around and picked Lindsey up from dance.  She got her costumes yesterday for her recital, so after signed for them we went home and she had a little fashion show for us.  The costumes are so adorable this year!  Her teacher always picks out the best costumes!  After the fashion show we had some of the Chicken and Rice that I had prepared before I took Lindsey to dance.  The boys had fallen asleep in the car and I knew that it was going to be hard to get them to bed, so I just let them stay up with us while we watched the show.  Logan and Lindsey were supposed to be getting ready for bed, but there were about a million interruptions and distractions and reasons that they were not going to bed.  Finally, they went to sleep…..at least we thought that they did.  Then Logan comes downstairs and tells on Lindsey for keeping him awake, which is odd, since they have separate rooms.  He said that she’s sleeping on his bottom bunk and that she was talking.  We asked him, if he was telling us the whole truth, he said yes.  We called Lindsey down and it turns out that he wasn’t telling us the whole truth.  Lindsey thought that it would be a nice thing to do, to have a sleepover, because we had just had a conversation about the two of them getting along and being responsible for their own behavior and being friends.  It turns out that he was making fun of her, telling her that she had a bad voice and that the song she was singing for the talent show was stupid.  He said that it’s “Opposite Day” but we weren’t buying it.  He really just didn’t want her in there.  She was crying because he hurt her feelings, and we told her that she just shouldn’t go in his room.  He has issues with people being in his room and she’ll just have to respect that and not try to have sleepovers.  Don looked at me when they were fighting and telling us the story, and he said "Are they married?"  He told them that they sound like an 80-year-old married couple.  Haven't I said that before?  Geez!  It's so ridiculous! 

As I was writing this I just had a major problem with Logan and the way that he was treating Lindsey.  I calmly ended it by telling him to go outside and wait for the bus in the driveway; I didn’t let him finish his breakfast.   He wouldn’t go and threw a fit about me taking his breakfast away.  I explained that had he been a decent human being he would have been allowed to finish his breakfast, but if he was going to act like a jerk, well then he was obviously finished eating.  Things escalated, he was screaming and crying like a toddler and wouldn’t listen.  I ended up throwing his tennis shoes and backpack out the front door and sent him with them……just to get him away from her and stop the temper tantrum.  I gave him his snack for school; he threw it in Lindsey’s face.  So of course, ok, he didn’t get one.  I put it back.   Then right before the bus came he tackled her to the ground and stole her snack.  Of course, now they are gone, and I just had to email his teacher and tell her about it so she can take the snack that he tackled her for.  If he eats that snack, then that teaches him that he can take what he wants.  I see that putting him  in football was worth the money......now he's tackling his sister.  This is ridiculous.  Anyone want a kid????  Of course I say that kidding, I love him so much.  But I can’t understand this behavior—he’s almost 10.

Here’s the stinking Word of the Day.  Hope your morning is better than mine.

moratory \MAWR-uh-tawr-ee\, adjective:
Authorizing delay of payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment