Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weak Tummy.....

Yesterday Carson started to rip the gauze off of his leg, so I placed a sock over it to keep him from touching it.  The sock was a good idea in theory, but it ended up pulling the gauze down and we had to wrap it again.  We started to unravel the gauze and all of a sudden we saw two old blood spots.  I have never been one to get sick at the sight of blood, but for some reason yesterday, I did.  I was afraid to see how big the incision was, I was afraid that it was still bleeding, and I made Don do all of the work because I felt like I was going to pass out.  I guess I can’t stomach my kids being in pain and having a large owie!  I was really proud of Don because I thought that moms are supposed to be the ones to stay calm at the sight of blood.  I freaked and called the nurse, but all is well. 

I actually got to the gym yesterday after taking a walk with the boys and Lindsey in the humidity.  Is it April, or August?  Whatever, it’s warm, so I can deal with the humidity!  I worked out for about an hour and it felt awesome.  I love working out in air conditioning.  I really need to write about this weirdo who I see all over the place, but I will save that for tomorrow.  The dude is so weird!  He comes to the gym and lifts like one weight one time, stares at people, and leaves!  I’ll write about it later.  The boys just fell asleep and I need to start cleaning…..yet again.  I feel like a hamster on a wheel…..running and running and not getting anywhere!  Plus, since Lindsey was such an awesome helper all week I promised to take her to get a pedicure.  I don’t know when I am going to squeeze that in, but I have to.  She’s such a sweetheart, she deserves it. 

Here’s the Word of the Day.  I love this word.:

simpatico \sim-PAH-ti-koh\, adjective:
Congenial or like-minded.


By the way……Congratulations, Michelle!  Michelle is a mama, for all who know her!  Brea, hope you're reading!  Henry Christopher was born this morning!  Love you, Chelley! 

No comments:

Post a Comment