Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Diaper Scootin'

I actually have a pretty mellow day today.  I have a couple of errands to run, but nothing crazy like a photo shoot! 

I have to tell everyone about the newest thing that Carson is doing.  First of all, we’ve always known that he’s intelligent.  When he was born everyone commented on how alert he was and he’s been that way ever since.  He understands everything you say, and he actually listens and obeys.  He’s my little sidekick and although he beats up on Dylan at times, he is most of the time a very well-behaved little boy.  I have been absolutely shocked about how well he’s stayed off of his leg.  He doesn’t even attempt to walk on it.  He’s for the most part been fine with being held or rolled around in a stroller for the past week, but yesterday I was trying to dry my hair and I sat him on the floor with some toys and he lifted his leg up in the air and started scooting across the floor to get where he was going.  It is the FUNNIEST thing that I have seen in a long time!  And you have to remember that he feels no pain, he isn’t in discomfort anymore, so he is scooting around knowing that he is supposed to stay off of his leg, because Mommy and Daddy told him to.  This scooting is making holding Dylan easier, well, possible, and it will make this next week a lot easier.  He can’t walk until next Thursday when I get him checked out at the doctor’s office.  One more week to go!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!  Here’s the Word of the Day:

praxis \PRAK-sis\, noun:
1. Practice, as distinguished from theory; application or use, as of knowledge or skills.
2. Convention, habit, or custom.
3. A set of examples for practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment