Thursday, April 21, 2011

Never Too Old....

We had a very scary storm last night.  The lighting was cracking right over our heads and the thunder was so loud that it scared me and Carson out of our sleep at the same time.  Both of our eyes opened like silver dollars and we just sat and stared at each other and he snuggled as tight as he could get.  Dylan is the lightest sleeper typically, or at least I think so since he wakes up every hour when he’s in his bed, but he didn’t wake up.  Lindsey came in with her pillow and said that she was scared, so she got her sleeping bag and slept on the floor.  She asked me if lighting could hurt the house, and I told her that she didn’t have anything to worry about, but the truth is, I was scared that it was going to hit a tree and the tree would collapse onto the house.  I was very scared!  Remember, I am sleeping with the boys right now because Carson can’t walk and I didn’t want him to get up in the middle of the night and break open his incision, and then of course Dylan doesn’t want to be alone.  Today I am taking Carson to the doctor for his check-up and hopefully he’ll look good and he’ll be allowed to walk again today. 

After the storm passed and Carson and Lindsey went back to sleep I was awake for a while.  I was so happy that I was awake because Lindsey was giggling like Betty Rubble in her sleep.  She has a great giggle.  It was so cute.  I tried asking her what she was dreaming about, but she didn’t wake up.  She told me this morning that she had had a dream that Carson and Dylan were getting their pictures taken and that they made funny facial expressions and had a pointy elf hair-do.  I love when kids giggle in their sleep.  I do it myself sometimes, I know because I wake myself up.  I started to think about how you’re never too old to laugh and giggle, even behave like a child.  As soon as I do, I think I will be depressed or something.  When I was a little girl, under 5, I had a little play kitchen.  My dad used to tape pictures of old people getting out of their recliners on the tiny refrigerator.  I know that sounds bizarre, but it was the whole “Help!  I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” humor.  Anyway, he always did this and even about 5 years ago, I was about the put my blush on and found one taped to the top of the compact.  A few weeks ago I realized that it was still there! 

Yesterday I gave a shout out to Mr. Bear, Kellie’s Mr. Bear, and I received an email from Mr. Bear himself thanking me for mentioning him in the blog and this photo:



Kellie is hilarious and Dylan thought that the picture was so funny!  Here I am laughing hysterically and so is my two-year-old.  I love that.  I think that the smaller the gap between children and adults, the better.  Sure, I watch stuff on TV that’s funny and shouldn’t be seen by a 10-year-old, but it really is great when we as adults can tap in to the kids that we used to be and just enjoy life and laugh!  I was thinking last night about the people that I choose to surround myself with and I know that one reason I am happy is that I know such funny people—I’m a lucky girl.

Here’s the Word of the Day:

mumbo jumbo \MUHM-boh JUHM-boh\, noun:
1. Senseless or pretentious language, usually designed to obscure an issue, confuse a listener, or the like.
2. Meaningless incantation or ritual.
3. An object of superstitious awe or reverence.

No comments:

Post a Comment