Sunday, April 3, 2011

Peace of Mind and Heart

Carson knows something is going on.  He keeps babbling and pointing at his “spot” on his leg.  We call it his “Special Spot.”  When you say “birthday” he points at it because he hears “birth” and he knows it’s also called a birthmark.  He’s so smart.  Whenever he hears me tell someone about his surgery, he shows the person his leg.  If he IS apprehensive, you can’t tell because he’s peaceful about whatever it is that’s going on.  He obviously doesn’t know because he’s only 2, but he also trusts us and knows that everything will be ok because we always make everything ok for him.  I always think about our relationship with God and how we’re the children and He is the parent.  I really need to trust God the way that Carson trusts me and Don. 

I read “Devotions for Moms” every morning and the Bible verse for today says:

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart.  And the peace that I give isn’t like the peace the world gives.  So don’t be troubled or afraid.”  John 14:27

It’s funny how those books tell you exactly what you need to hear, like sometimes church sermons do on Sundays.  I am not saying I’m worried about the surgery, but my stomach hurts and I know that I feel nervous, so I guess my body would beg to differ.  Please pray for my little guy. 

Here’s your Word of the Day:

abstemious \ab-STEE-mee-uhs\, adjective:
1. Sparing in eating and drinking; temperate; abstinent.
2. Sparingly used or consumed; used with temperance or moderation.
3. Marked by or spent in abstinence.

1 comment:

  1. I filled out the prayer card at Church yesterday and we prayed for him at Ladies class already. Just talked to Margo and she will be praying tomorrow. That's just in our area so God will be hearing lots of prayers from all over tomorrow. He will be holding Carson in his arms:)

    ReplyDelete