Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

Don’t you love Saturday mornings?  I have my coffee, make everyone breakfast, and the kids sit with Don and watch “American Idol” because we never have time during the week.  This means that I have time to blog this morning!   I think it’s going to be a really good weekend.  The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow and even though it is supposed to rain today, it looks nice as of now. 
Lindsey has to go to school today to perform for the PTA, and at some point she wants to have a lemonade stand to make some money.  I told her that I would help her with that tomorrow.  Logan and Don don’t have anything going on, and I have a wedding shower to go to tomorrow.  I’ll probably get some things done, but I plan on just enjoying the weekend.  I can tell it's the end of the year because I just spent 20 minutes putting the kids' activities on the calendar.  They have rehearsals, a graduation ceremony, pictures, etc.  May and June are always crazy months for us, especially for Lindsey.  Spring has definitely sprung!
The babies are really talking well.  They are saying phrases and copying us right and left.  They even grasp how to have more of a conversation.  For example, last night I said “Do you want to go upstairs?” And Carson said “I do.” Not just “Yea.”  And Logan was in a lot of trouble last night and Dylan was trying to spank him and he was chewing him out and saying “No, Logan!”  We stopped him because we didn't want Logan's feelings to get hurt, but it did make me realize how much the boys understand the conversations going on around them. 

You probably gathered that Logan had a really bad week.  He was in some kind of trouble every time that I turned around and it was extremely frustrating.  Yesterday it got even worse.  I was home when the kids got off the bus, but they knocked on the door and I didn’t hear them.  They must have knocked for .2 seconds and assumed that I wasn’t home……that never happens.  Truly, never.  I am always here.  Well, I come outside and tell Lindsey that she needs to come in and see me before she plays outside.  She explains that she thought I wasn’t here.  She then proceeds to tell me what Logan is doing.  I go upstairs and look out his window.  He got a ladder from the back yard and he and our next door neighbor were trying to break into his bedroom window.  First of all, it’s nice knowing that he and his friends would break into the house if I weren’t home, right?  Second, what the heck was he going to do?  Rip open the screen and break the glass?  Also, we have an alarm system.  He could've set the alarm off and the police would've showed up.  I seriously don’t want to know what he was going to do.  I asked him why he needed to get in so badly and he said that he wanted to play baseball and needed something.  Then he blamed it on his friend.  This is why I baby him so much.  He wants to walk to the park by himself, but what if he did something stupid like helped a stranger find his dog?  Honestly, I can’t imagine what he could think up and I don’t want to know.   Of course his judgment isn't good, he’s only nine, but it’s actually worse than a typical nine-year-old’s.   Logan is extremely intelligent, but he is impulsive due to his ADHD.  I had Don lecture him for trying to break in to his window; I didn't want to deal with it.   On top of that, Logan did and said something very profane, so he was in trouble for that as well.  I don’t even want to go into what he did.  Put it this way……Don told me to hang on to the couch when he told me about it so I wouldn’t fly through the ceiling. I'm glad he prepared me because I would've shot through the ceiling.  When your innocent child behaves like a buffoon and some kind of common pervert, it's hard to accept. 

He’s going to the doctor on Monday to get back on his ADHD medication.  It isn’t fair that he’s in trouble almost every day for poor judgment; he really can't control it.  I just want to be able to punish him REGULARLY.  Kids will be kids, boys will be perverts and buffoons, but it isn’t normal to have to get on to them 20 times a day.  He’s pretty much immune to punishment and because he has a good heart, I know it isn’t that he doesn’t care.  He does care about what we think and he wants to be good. 

Oh, I ended up not getting Peyton because of the weather….tornadoes.  He called me and told me that I can pick him up on Thursday because he has Friday off!  Yay!
Have a great weekend!  Here’s the Word of the Day, it’s pretty basic:
undertone \UHN-der-tohn\, noun:
1. A color modified by an underlying color.
2. A low or subdued tone of speaking.
3. An unobtrusive or background sound.
4. An underlying quality or element; undercurrent.

No comments:

Post a Comment