Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bo, the Germ Infested Bear

Dylan has given Mr. Bear a new name, it’s “Bo.”  Sorry, Kellie.  I know that you loved the fact that we have a Mr. Bear too.  For all of you other readers who have no idea what I am talking about, one of my best friends has a stuffed bear named Mr. Bear and she still sleeps with it.  She’ll be 30 soon— I think it’s so adorable and funny.  Anyway, Dylan calls him “Bo” now.  And Bo needs a bath.  In fact, he’s needed to be washed for many days now, but I can’t ever get him away from Dylan long enough to do so.  This bear goes in the swing at the park, down the slide, eats Dylan’s food and he’s probably been dropped on a couple dozen dirty, public floors.  I don’t want to even think about the bacteria and germs making a home in Bo’s fur.  Yep, he’s getting a bath…..he’s like a kitchen sponge at this point, infested.  Ewwwww.  It makes me think of that disgusting commercial for Mucinex.  You know, where the blobs of snot move their furniture into someone’s lung and hang picture frames and get cozy—that is until there’s an earthquake from the Mucinex and they are sneezed out with their furniture.  Who the heck writes this stuff?  It’s so gross!  What about the toe fungus commercial where the disgusting little critter LIFTS the toenail up and scratches at the skin under the nail?  I want to throw up every time that this commercial comes on, it’s so gross.  Not only is that critter weird and creepy looking, but the way that it claws at that skin pad, bluhhhhhhhh!  Gives me chills even thinking about it.  And this is what I’m picturing going on in Mr. Bear, pardon me, I mean Bo.

Lindsey has taught Carson something new.  Now I have to say that both of the boys are talking, but Carson is in a stage where he repeats everything you say even when you aren’t telling him to.  I check out at a grocery store and say “Thank you,” Carson does it too.   Whatever you say, he repeats.  Awesome, but scary, right?  Well, Carson now says “Yo, baby!”

Here’s the Word of the Day and then I have to run.  I have to wake the boys up to take Lindsey to school early-another day of rehearsal. Oh, and by the way, my English professor was right.  "Rebecca" is turning out to be a GREAT book.  You should read it!


abaft \uh-BAFT\, adjective:
1. To the rear of; aft of.
2. In a ship, to the rear.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Bear would be so honored to know he got a shout-out in your blog today :)

    ReplyDelete