Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

We’ve been busy this weekend getting things done around the house and Don’s been working in the yard.  Last night Lindsey, Logan and I watched “The Passion of the Christ,” as planned.  I was really amazed.  Lindsey watched the whole thing and was very mature about it, but of course, emotional.  In our church you decide when you want to be baptized, the parents do not do it for you when you are a baby, and Lindsey and Logan say that they are ready to be baptized.  I feel so good about the fact that they understand what they’re doing and that it’s a decision that they are making; it makes me feel like they’re with God and that’s all you want as a parent. 

This morning the Easter Bunny came and brought the kids their goodies and then we all got ready for church.  We made it on time, which is always amazing.  In a little bit we’re going out to lunch and then the kids are going on an Easter egg hunt in the backyard. 

I hope that everyone is having a great holiday with their families!  Here’s the Word of the Day.  It’s very close to yen, which is their money.  Am I right about that?  Oh, no, that’s Japanese money.  I googled it just now.  Haha!  Thank goodness for Google!

yin \YIN\, noun:
A principle in Chinese philosophy associated with negative, dark, and feminine attributes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Easter as did we. I made my famous trifle . . . feels like spring!

    ReplyDelete