Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Say Cheese......Or No.

I woke up this morning and took Lindsey to school (early) for Music Makers.  She has rehearsal twice a week until the play.  She also has try-outs for the talent show next week, and I have to say something very un-ladylike….. she has balls that I do not have.  I am more nervous than she is and I’ll only be sitting there in the crowd!  She’s singing Taylor Swift’s “Speak Now” and although she has a beautiful voice and knows the words by heart, I am still scared!  Of course I haven’t told her that I’m nervous, I just do what a mother is supposed to do….cheer for your kid, bury your fears, and pray to God that she won’t get stage fright.  I’ve never seen Lindsey scared, but she’s also never sang alone on stage.

After I took Lindsey to school I finished my first cup of coffee and fed the boys breakfast.  We then had to hurry up and get ready for their two-year-old pictures.  Ok, so they were mellow at first, but as mellow as they were, it was harder this year to get them to cooperate.  I successfully took their pacifiers away from them, but then getting them to laugh and smile at the same time was a problem.  Carson sat there because he couldn’t walk, but Dylan was running around everywhere.  I’d yell “Say Cheese!”  And sometimes they’d say “No!”  We finally got a few good shots and then I took them to get a cookie like I had promised.  I’ll see if I can post some, but I probably won’t be able to.

We’re home now and Dylan is napping.  Carson WAS looking through my make-up which was giving me a laugh because he looked like a caveman the way he was dissecting everything, but I just had to stop him because he destroyed my powder foundation by clawing and scratching at it.  It’s all over the floor and I have to go clean it up.  I have to run a couple more errands, go to the gym, and cook dinner and do some things around the house that I have been putting off.  I need to vacuum the air vents…..woo-hoo!  Fun! 

Here’s the Word of the Day:

oppugn \uh-PYOON\, verb:
1. To assail by criticism, argument, or action.
2. To call in question; dispute.

No comments:

Post a Comment