Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Dreaded Hump Day

I didn't sleep very well last night because the boys are stuffy and not feeling well.  We all get sick around this time of year.  Libbie, you are the allergy expert.....is it ragweed?  I am so allergic to ragweed that I always wind up with a sinus infection in September.  When I woke up tired this morning I also realized that it's Wednesday, which made it even harder to get up.  You all know how much Wednesdays suck.  Here we go again......let's see if we can make it out in one piece!


I am going to Bodyworks this morning.  It's supposed to be an awesome class.  Later, Lindsey is getting a haircut. She wants bangs like me.  She wants to look like her mama, isn't that sweet?  It won't last. Ha ha.  I have to pick her up from school though because she has dance and cheerleading.  Isn't that ridiculous?  Checking a child out of school to get a hair cut........I will never do this again.  She is going to have to choose between dance and cheerleading next year.  Then like I said, we have dance, we have cheerleading and football, and then we'll come home and eat and shower and it'll be 10:00 before we go to bed.  Believe it or not, I really don't mind the running around....I just hate Wednesdays.  They are completely ridiculous and a huge hump to get over.

Don is loving jury duty.  He got a case that is better than reality TV, so he says.  I'm jealous!  I want to be picked!  He told me that I will never get picked unless I pretend to be something I'm not....stoic.  Oh my GOSH am I anything but stoic!  You can see every emotion on my face!  I hate it!  And Don is the most stoic person that I have ever met!  We were talking about how different we are (in this way) last night. He's like a Greek statue and I am the dramatic clown in polka dots goofing off and dancing around, spouting out my opinions.  Isn't that a funny visual? It's totally true.


Here's the Word of the Day:


metaphrastic \met-uh-FRAST-ik\, adjective:

Having the quality of a literary work that has been translated or changed from one form to another, as prose into verse.


1 comment:

  1. It just so happens that I signed up for the pollen count daily email from Atlanta Allergy! It is ragweed and nettle. Pecan and hickory trees, as well, but they are considered low and the weeds are moderate. I'm using my nose spray every morning and I feel much better. Last week was miserable even with allergy shots so I can sympathize with your family:(

    ReplyDelete