Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stormy Morning

I have been up since 3 am. Carson decided that he wanted to sleep in Logan's room on the bottom bunk. I heard a quiet whimpering after several claps of thunder and went in to check on Carson. He was shaking and staring at the lighting out the window. He looked too scared to even cry, so I scooped him up and held him and let him sleep with me. He was clutching Teddy while he trembled. It was so pitiful. It's moments like this that I am so glad that God made me a light sleeper. What if I hadn't heard him and he sat there and shook, paralyzed with fear? Anyway, the reason that I have been up since 3 is because I couldn't go back to sleep. Dylan ended up scared and crying as well, so I pulled him into bed with us too.

I have so much to do today, it's almost ridiculous. I'm skipping my normal morning routine and I am going to try to get some sleep before I get up and resume my day.

Here's the Word of the Day:

aesopian \ee-SOH-pee-uhn\, adjective:

1. Conveying meaning by hint, euphemism, innuendo, or the like.
2. Pertaining to, or characteristic of Aesop or his fables.

No comments:

Post a Comment