Saturday, August 27, 2011

Logan the little Warrior

I have so much to say about the new things going on around here, but today I have to talk about the Logan and Lindsey.  I am babysitting a little girl now during the week and I want to talk about her, but I just don’t have time!  Tomorrow I’ll write more about it.  Today I want to talk about today.

This morning we all woke up early and got ready for the long day ahead.  Lindsey had a choreography session at 10:30.   She had to change into her cheerleading uniform at dance and we headed straight for the football game.  The girls did an awesome job cheering and Logan played, in the words of the coaches, “like a warrior”.  He was singled out at the meeting after the game because he played hard, and his body showed it.  He kept going back in after he got hurt.  There was a moment when I had finally had seen enough and ran over to check on him.  I really try not to do that because I know that no kid wants their mom babying them, but he was down on the field and I didn’t see him moving for a while and it scared me.  When he got up and sat on the bench, I wanted to make sure that he wasn’t seriously injured.  He jammed his fingers the first time he got hurt, then the second time someone stepped on his already hurt fingers.  His elbow got stuck in a facemask and twisted, he has a nasty abrasion on his arm, bruises on his other arm, and his stomach looks like it was put through a meat grinder from sliding on the grass to catch someone.  Football is such an odd and violent sport.  It’s easy to cheer and have fun watching a game when it isn’t your child, but watching your son play at this level with kids who weigh 180 pounds—it’s hard.  I am careful with him so he won’t get hurt, his whole life, and then I throw him out there to get beat up like that?  It’s weird.  Don keeps reminding me that Logan is a tough kid.
I think that I am so proud of the fact that he isn’t a quitter and that he works so hard at everything.  He is an awesome student, he works hard on the field, and he’s a great friend.  I heard that today when his friend, Zach, got the wind knocked out of him and was lying on the field; he was the only one who ran to him to check on him.  He slid to him on his knees and asked if he was ok.  And yesterday Lindsey said that he stuck up for her at school when a girl was being mean to her.  Apparently, one little girl said that Lindsey was being oblivious and was about to get hit in the head with a ball.  Then the mean girl said “That wouldn’t be a bad thing.”  Lindsey’s friend, Hannah, said “Be quiet if you’re going to talk about my friend that way!  You are going to have to go through me if you’re going to be mean to her!”  Then the girl went up to Logan and apologized to him for having Lindsey for a sister. He replied “Why don’t you get out of my face and go apologize to my sister and stop being a brat!”  I love my Logiebear.  Logan said that the girl is short, fat and mean and she’s just jealous of Lindsey.  Oh, goodness…..

When Logan was hurt today Lindsey was yelling “My brother!  He’s hurt!  Oh, Logiebear!”  And then all of the cheerleaders were yelling for Logan. 
I’m proud of both of my kids right now.  They both have a lot on their plates and yet they are doing what they are supposed to be doing lately.  (I am literally knocking on wood right now.)  Lindsey is dancing and cheering her little heart out and Logan is busting his butt.  They are both getting good grades and being good friends.  I am happy with them…..right now.
Lindsey is at her friend’s house right now.  She went to Julia’s last night and she’s there again now.  They recorded these videos and had Julia’s mom put them on YouTube.  They are goofballs.  Check ‘em out:


http://youtu.be/AHtgHQ4KIGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts4qmN6575M 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64yMfL32exY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDOgR1-WMO8 

I have to take Logan to his friend's house now.  They are going to see the new Smurfs movie. 

Here's the Word of the Day:


personalia \pur-suh-NEY-lee-uh\, noun:

1. Personal details such as biographical data, reminiscences, or the like.
2. Personal belongings.

1 comment:

  1. Good to have some explanations to those pictures Don and Logan sent us. Glad he's doing such a great job. Ty and I were talking about his hockey days after seeing the pictures and he reminded me of when I ran out on the ice and mortified him (it was Mamaw's fault!). There were times when I learned that it was easier to close my eyes and just listen to the cheers or jeers.

    ReplyDelete