Thursday, August 18, 2011

Seeing Stars and Flying

Last night at practice, Logan hit someone so hard that the kid had to go home.  Football is such a weird sport.  It goes against everything that I try to tell Logan all day and then I am supposed to be excited that he hits a kid so hard that he sees stars, staggers, and has to go home.  The coach said "Your boy was hittin' hard today!"  And of course, I am happy that he did well, but the mom in me wants to shudder.  I never say these things at practice because I know that football doesn't have room for mothers.  It's best to nod, keep my mouth shut and tell Logan that I'm proud of him.

It looks like we are already have some girl drama on our cheerleading squad.  Thankfully, Lindsey is not involved.  I noticed it and said something to one of the girls on Saturday, but I guess she didn't take me seriously.  It is too early in the season for this crap and we won't tolerate it.  We have decided that we will sit girls out if they can't be nice. 

Here's a picture of Lindsey flying.  It isn't a great picture because Dylan was on my lap when I was taking the picture.

Today is a slower day, only dance at 5:00-6:30.  Yay!

Here's the Word of the Day:

purloin \per-LOIN\, verb:
To take dishonestly; steal.

No comments:

Post a Comment