Sunday, August 21, 2011

Oh, Lulu

This morning I woke up and Lindsey was picking up the house.  She said that she just wanted to be helpful.  I hugged and squeezed her hard and kissed her like a million times.  I love when Lulu is sweet.  Lately I have been pretty irritated with her negative attitude, so it was nice for her to be so helpful and pleasant.  She constantly says "What if this happens, what if that happens," and I have been calling her Debbie Downer because she always talks about the one negative thing among a slew of awesome things.  My mom asked her how her new school was about a week ago and Lindsey could've said any number of things.  Her response was "It smells funny." 

My mom told me a funny story yesterday about something that Lindsey did while she was staying with her.  Lindsey is always freaked out by stuff.  It could be a doll, a picture, a stupid thing in a non-scary movie, and it's touch and go and you never know if something will bother her.  She watched "Twilight" and didn't get scared, but she's scared of this one, sweet, innocent little doll in her room.  I'll never forget the time I took her to see "The Cat in the Hat" with Mike Myers when she was 4 or 5 and she had nightmares for a month about a giant cat.  Anyway, back to the story.  When Lindsey was at my mom's house, she kept taking a picture off of the wall and telling my mom that it scared her.  Amelie stays in the same room when she’s there and loves the picture, so my mom said to leave it up and that she was being silly.  Do you want to know what the picture was?  It was a picture of Mary.  Yes, Mary, the mother of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Lindsey said that the eyes followed her and that she didn't like it.  My mom said "But it's Mary, so it isn't bad if they DO follow you! She’s nice!"  Friday night my mom found the picture stuffed under the bed.  Lindsey must have used a broom to shove it as far back as she did. 

Oh, Lulu. 


odoriferous \oh-duh-RIF-er-uhs\, adjective:
Yielding or diffusing an odor.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is . . . my mother, your grandmother and her strong DNA is alive and well in Lindsey! God bless her!

    ReplyDelete