Monday, August 22, 2011

Wide Awake and Tired

Dylan woke up crying at 3:30 this morning and I couldn’t go back to sleep.  I know that if I fall asleep now, which I could at this point, I won’t be able to get up when the alarm goes off at 5:45—I’m blogging instead.  (It’s 5:00 now, by the way.)

Yesterday was our get-stuff-done day.  We did laundry and cleaned.  And when I say we, I mean that I made the kids help me.  I am shuttling them around so much right now that I am not home to do the things that need to get done, so they have to help more.  Also, I am coaching for Lindsey and that has been a lot of extra work.  Don did yard work and the kids and I worked inside.  Actually, Logan helped us both.  He is an awesome helper when he wants to be.  Both of the kids had good attitudes yesterday, except with each other.  They fought quite a bit.  You can see that in Lindsey’s blog.  She calls him a butthead.  I told her to take that out, but she didn’t appreciate me trying to censor her.  I am all for freedom of expression, as long as she learns how to spell “butthead” the right way.  She spelled it “butthaed.”  Haha.

Lindsey’s cheerleading squad got together yesterday and painted all of the banners needed for the season.  We met at 2:00 in the fellowship hall of a church.  I thought that it would take forever, but it didn’t even take 2 hours…..thankfully.

I have a lot to do today, but first on the agenda is the gym.  I have been going, but not as much as I usually do because I have been so busy and stressed, which is exactly when I need it the most. 

We have cheerleading and football practice tonight from 6:00-8:00 and the girls are going to have to bust their butts.  Our first game is this Saturday.

Last Monday morning was that angry post.  Remember? I vented about the kids not pulling their load?  This morning I can say that I feel better and I hope for a better week.  Last week was a terrible week, in many ways.  It’s like, if we get everything done by Sunday night, the week goes well.  If we don’t, (like last week) the week is total chaos and no one is happy.  We have so much going on this week; I couldn’t bear to let that happen again. 

Carson has to go back to the plastic surgeon on Thursday to see when his next, hopefully final, surgery will be.  They removed about 40 percent of the birthmark in April and he thinks that he can remove the rest this time.  I hope so.  I am really dreading him having to go through this again.  I’m dreading the surgery, the pain, and the fact that he’ll have to stay off of his leg for 3 weeks again.  He did so well the first time, but I hate asking him to do it again.  Poor Carson.  I’m already sad about it.

I think I woke up earlier than the people at Dictionary.com.  I haven't been emailed my Word of the Day yet. 

1 comment:

  1. We are the only ones up in the entire world I think. Isn't it delightful!

    ReplyDelete