Saturday, August 13, 2011

Jamboree and Weather

 Football season may not have officially started yet, but it definitely feels like it has.  The Falcons played yesterday and it looks like we may be awesome this season!  Carson thinks so too; he is wearing daddy's shirt in the picture above. 

Jamboree is today and according to Weather.com, it's only 74 degrees right now.  It looks like it's going to be cloudy pretty much all day and possibly storm around 4:00 this afternoon.  We have to get there around 1:30 and we probably won't leave until 5:00.  The high is only 88 degrees; I can deal with that. 

I haven't gone in search of a weather report in like two years, but I figure I should be the adult today and prepare.  I don't search for weather reports because honestly, it isn't going to change my plans, so what's the point?  Also, I live in Georgia.  It's either hot or cold these days, there is no in between.  Lindsey asked me what the weather was going to be like a couple of days ago and I said "Don't ask me until October.  It'll be 1,000 degrees until then."  It's true! 

I realize that it SHOULD affect my plans, but it just never does.  Therefore, I never have an umbrella, I always wear the wrong shoes, and I always seem to wear jeans on a stormy day.  Isn't that the worst thing ever?  Your jeans are soaked up to your knees from splashing around in puddles?  That always happens to me!  If I do know what the forecast is, sadly, it usually comes from someone else's mouth during an uncomfortable silence.  Either that, or a phone call from my grandma in Indiana.  She always says "How are you in all of that bad weather down there?  What are your plans?"  I'm always like "Huh?  There's a hurricane approaching?"  Seriously.  Remember back in May when I walked the kids to school for that walk-to-school event and on the way back I had to call my neighbor and have her pick me and the boys up? We jumped into the car and ditched my jogging stroller in the woods because the tornado siren was sounding.  It was so scary.  I also remember that about 6 months ago when we had that horrible ice-storm, I must have been the last to the grocery store because there was no food.  I only went to the store because my mother-in-law told me to.  She and my grandma are the only reason I ever know about the weather, and thankfully they always stress to me how severe a storm is when I blow it off.  Thank God for people who realize that the weather can have an effect on your day.  I'm a Sanguine.  Sanguines don't care about the weather.  (If you don't know what that is, you will.  I am planning on writing a piece on the four personality types.  It's awesome information.)  One more thing.....have you ever gotten irritated with the weather people on the news?  They're so excited about bad weather and it bugs me.  A weather man in the middle of a hurricane is the equivalent of a pubescent boy about to have his first sexual experience.  They're ridiculous camera-hogs for five minutes, smiling and eating it up.  Barf.

Lindsey has choreography at the dance studio this morning from 10:30-11:15 and I will probably go to the gym around that time. 

I hope that everyone has a fantastic Saturday!

Here's the Word of the Day.  What's with the words being stupid lately?  This is such a dumb word:


holus-bolus \HOH-luhs-BOH-luhs\, verb:

To cleanse.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! I didn't read this until after the text about Mamaw asking me how our snowstorm was. I think Mamaw should have been a weather girl. Or maybe Lindsey will!

    ReplyDelete