Friday, August 19, 2011

Sweet Disobedience

I typically write my blog first thing in the morning while the babies are still asleep, but I am writing this at 9:48 on Thursday night and posting it tomorrow morning.  I got the urge to write about something, so here I am. 

After having a tremendously stressful day, I’ll get to that later, I am smiling ear to ear because God just gave me a reminder that Don and I can do something right once in a while.  I know that I should be going in to reprimand Logan and Lindsey right now because it is almost 10:00 and they are talking, but I can’t.  Logan is on the top bunk, Lindsey has left her room to sleep on his bottom bunk, and they are discussing school.  They are talking about kids, about rumors, and I was just outside the bedroom eating up the fact that since they have been in the same classes they have actually gotten along and been friends.  We have had a stressful and busy household for the last couple of weeks, but for ONCE they are getting along and I am seeing a change.  The fighting has plagued me for years and I am so happy right now.  They are in there hanging out and having the conversations that I have hoped for.  This makes me so happy, especially after a long day.

Today was mainly spent trying to get the cheerleading squad organized with Melissa while trying to keep the babies safe and happy.  I must have sent out 150 emails, and Carson especially did not appreciate the lack of Mommy-time.  The day started out with an email from a parent complaining about girl drama, so we had to figure out how to deal with that.  We decided that the best thing to do is some team-building exercises with the girls and to really reinforce positive attitudes and behavior.  Then we had a hair bow issue.  A couple of days ago, the bows that we were planning on ordering suddenly weren’t available, so today Melissa went to just about every craft store imaginable to get the ribbon so that we can make them ourselves.  While she was doing that, I organized the banner-making party.  Sunday at 2:00 we are getting the girls together to eat pizza and paint the ALREADY DRAWN OUT banners, which means that I had to get the supplies and banner paper today so that I could write the slogans to be painted on Sunday.  I decided that I couldn’t handle drawing giant bubble letters for 8 banners at this juncture in my life when there are other able-bodies available to help, so I asked the parents if they would mind taking some of the load off of Melissa and me.  I have four parents who offered….thank God.  After dinner I got them cut, rolled up, and ready to go.  Tomorrow I have to drop the banners off to the parents who offered to draw them, and I will probably meet up with Melissa to finish the hair bows.  The bows have to be finished by tomorrow night because we have team pictures on Saturday morning at 9:30.  Oh, another issue that we had is that some of the girls don't have their uniforms and we had to make sure that the parents know when and where to pick them up Friday evening.  It never fails that when you send out an email with information, at least a couple of people ask questions that have already been answered.  On a typical day, ok, fine.  Today it was really annoying. 

I went to the gym around 5:00 and found out that it was THE only thing that was going to relax me.  I was so wound-up; really, I have been that way all week.  I have felt like I am in a pool with weights on my legs and my nose is the only thing sticking out of the water.  I’m not kidding…..it’s been a rough week and everything has been snowballing.  I don’t even blog about everything going on because it would be so mundane, but to me, it’s anything but mundane, it’s crazy.  There are like ten things going on at any given moment of my life.  Sometimes I roll with it, and sometimes I feel the pressure.  This week I have felt it and I have almost cried several times. 

After I left the gym with the boys, I picked Lindsey up from dance and we went to the craft store.  We were talking and I found out that she didn’t have a good day either.  We both found comfort in the fact that neither of us have had a good week.  I love the fact that Lindsey has a blog.  She loves to write it and it’s a great way for her to share her feelings.  She is excited that she has already had around 150 hits.  She posted tonight and she talked about her awful day.  By the way, a boy asked her out a couple of days ago.  She said she didn’t want to hurt his feelings, so she said yes, but that Henry still has her heart.  One, two, three…..Awwwwwwwww!

No Word of the Day because it isn’t tomorrow yet. 

Have a fantastic Friday, everyone!  I’m sweaty and disgusting, so I am hitting the shower now and hopefully I will have sweet dreams tonight.  I have been having tooth dreams.  My teeth either fall out or turn to chalk and crumble to pieces.  It’s been horrible!  I must be grinding more than usual.  Bluggghhhhhhh, it’s so gross. 

No comments:

Post a Comment