Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Curriculum Night

Last night I went to Logan and Lindsey's school for Curriculum Night.  I heard that they are both doing well, getting along most of the time, and that Logan is on Lindsey like white on rice.  He is always making sure that she behaves herself, stops talking, etc.  I think it's sweet that he cares; I am sure that Lindsey is irritated.  It turns out that Logan is Mr. Social. He talked to everyone on the first day when most of the kids sat in their seats, feeling very nervous.  That's why the teachers nominated him for that leadership role.  He's some kind of ambassador; I don't know much about it.

I was walking down the halls and the mother of one of the kids that has been in Lindsey's class in past years stopped me and said "Did you see what Lindsey wrote down there on her bio?  It's so funny!"  She showed me and read it to me.  My jaw hit the floor.  This is a picture of what I saw:

I look AWESOME???  I was a mixture of shocked, embarrassed and mortified, but I also thought it was funny like everyone else around me.  Everyone said "At least she's confident!"  Looks that way, doesn't it?  It's so funny how much you beat yourself up as a parent.  You raise your kid to be confident and then you are like "Wait!  Not too much there!"  My brother-in-law said that he'd rather her have a positive self-image than a negative one.  I agree.  I told her to tone it down a bit though.  And by the way, I am not one of these parents who say "You are the most beautiful, most awesome, blah blah blah."  I give her compliments, but I don't make her think that she's the only one in the world.  Actually, I have worried that I am TOO hard on her.

Here's part of the cheerleading dance.  Lindsey is in the pink shirt.  They just started learning it on Monday, so they are working on it the majority of time at practice tonight.  I think that I may have recorded it sideways again.  I have a new phone and always forget which way to hold the thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment