Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!  Can you believe it’s 2012?  I can’t.  It’s weird.  Ten years ago on New Year’s Eve, I puked on myself at the bar with my sister and brother and they had to carry me out to the cab.  I had always made fun of people who threw up on themselves, and honestly, I guess I still do.  But I never drank and I was 21.  I remember my sister saying "Lean over, Brit!  Lean over!  NOOOOOO!"  I was so drunk, I couldn't even move.  I knew that I should, but I couldn't.  I don't live in that state anymore......good.
Last night Don and I went to dinner.  We ate so much that we practically rolled out of the restaurant.  We went home and set off fireworks with the kids.  Carson and Dylan were amazed.  I took the cutest pictures, which I promise to post soon.  After the little ones went to bed we played Pictionary with the older kids.  We had sparkling apple cider at midnight and then I headed to bed.  I know that everyone else stayed up, but I was too tired.  I prefer to wake up feeling healthy on the first day of a new year.  I am going to church this morning, then I am going to the gym, and I think I am going to watch "When Harry Met Sally."  I don't know why I feel like watching it, but I do.

Ok, here are my resolutions.  I will hold myself to the second and third as much as I can without violating the first one. I thought about this list a lot and I tried to pick some things that I know I really struggle with. 

My Resolutions are:

1.       Stop beating myself up.  I am entirely too hard on myself and I pick at myself a lot.  It isn't a fair thing to do because no one is perfect, why should I expect ME to be? Oh yeah, I know why!  Because our society sucks and magazines publish things like "Stars without make-up!  Look at the baby bump!  Look at the cellulite!"  Geeez.  It's hard being a girl, but I am going to just be happy with myself on the outside AND the inside.  Screw those losers.

2.       Be more patient. (I will probably not be able to cross this off until the kids are like 25.)

3.       Drink more water.  (Seriously, there are days when I think “Did I even have one glass today?”)  I am also going to remember to take my vitamins with all of that water!

I hope that you choose something, if you even bother with resolutions, that won’t make you feel crappy about yourself or make you feel like you’re a failure.  I thought that this little cartoon was sort of funny. 

Here’s the Word of the Day:

novation \noh-VEY-shuhn\, noun:

1. The introduction of something new; innovation.
2. Law. The substitution of a new obligation for an old one, usually by the substitution of a new debtor or of a new creditor.

1 comment:

  1. you really are too hard on yourself !!! Not that I have room to talk.

    ReplyDelete