Saturday, December 31, 2011

Eight Years Later


Brea, I hope that you’re reading today.  Thank you for marrying the wrong person eight years ago.  If you hadn’t have gotten married when you did to the person that you did, I wouldn’t have been your maid of honor and wouldn’t have had a reason to come to Atlanta on December 31st, 2003.  I met Don eight years ago today and I had my last first kiss at the stroke of midnight—we were leaning against a table and we both pretended that we weren’t next to each other on purpose when the ball dropped.  Don said something like “Well, you’re closest”.  From that night on, we were together.  I look back at everything we’ve done together in the last eight years and I am so thankful for that plane ride and that God knows what he’s doing.  Good times or bad times, I am a happy girl.

Don, I want to thank you for not caring that I lived in a different state when we met.  The long distance thing was crazy to a lot of people and I’m glad that we didn’t listen to them.   Also, thank you for not scaring me when we first realized that we were supposed to be together.  You played it perfectly with a girl who was so scared of relationships and falling in love.  How could I say no to a person like you?  I thank God every day for everything that I have, but especially for you and the kids.

Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone!  I hope that 2012 is full of love and happiness!  Remember not to pick some crazy, unobtainable New Year’s Resolution! 

Here’s the Word of the Day:

anamnesis \an-am-NEE-sis\, noun:

1. The recollection or remembrance of the past.
2. Platonism. Recollection of the Ideas, which the soul had known in a previous existence, especially by means of reasoning.
3. The medical history of a patient.
4. Immunology. A prompt immune response to a previously encountered antigen, characterized by more rapid onset and greater effectiveness of antibody and T cell reaction than during the first encounter, as after a booster shot in a previously immunized person.
5. (Often initial capital letter) a prayer in a Eucharistic service, recalling the Passion, Resurrection, and Ascension of Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Don't laugh at me but I totally cried while reading this. That's such a cute story !

    ReplyDelete