Friday, December 2, 2011

X Factor (finally blogging about it)


If you haven’t been watching X Factor, you are missing a way better version of American Idol.  I honestly can’t believe that I haven’t blogged about it yet.  The four judges are at each other’s throats because they are mentors to certain groups and they want their contestant to win.  For example, Simon represents the girls.  When La Reid says something ludicrous about one of his girls, they fight for so long that the host has to come in and tell them to shut up. I will say, the host is a huge dork.  He irritates me.  Every time he talks I laugh.

I have two favorites.  Astro……wow.  This kid is like 13 and he is amazing.  It’s crazy that such a young kid can "get it" like he does.  He totally gets it.  He reminds us of Run DMC.  He takes classics, writes his own lyrics,  and changes the songs without pissing you off.  The kid is so adorable and talented.  He’s cool.  He’s cocky, but it works.  I always smile when he's on stage.

How could you not love this kid???


Here he is.....”I’ll Be Missing You”:


"Lose Yourself":


Michael Jackson week, "Black or White":


Then there's Drew.  How stinking adorable is she?  She was 14 when she auditioned, now she's 15.

She’s all about the voice and sitting on stage and singing.  If you don’t like her genre of music, you are most definitely going to say something stupid like “I wish she’d do something different.  It’s boring.  I need dancing, I need lights and smoke.  Change it up….blah blah blah….” like La Reid.   She is not a rapper, so I guess La Reid just never understands her.  He’s very one dimensional and probably ONLY listens to the kind of music he produces.  He's very good at what he does, but he should definitely stay there.  Drew has a haunting voice and she reminds me of a little Tori Amos or Sarah McLachlan.   Whatever song she takes, she turns it into something new.  I appreciate her creativity and I like that type of music, so I love her.  I am so glad that Simon has her.  Simon knows what he's doing and people hate that he's always right.  He doesn't listen to the other judges and he shouldn't.  He's doing everything right with Drew.  If she gets voted off, it's only because voters have ADD and need to something flashy and distracting because they can't sit still for more than 30 seconds.  I mean, it's such a stupid thing to expect.  If Adele got up and started shaking her butt and screaming, wouldn't it NOT work?  These silly kinds of expectations are the reason that music isn't what it used to be, but let's not go there.  Listen to these clips……

Listen to what she did to Justin Bieber’s “Baby”.  This is her audition.  I would never have imagined this cheesy song like this......


Drew singing “Fix You” by Coldplay:


Her take on Nelly’s “Just a Dream”:

http://youtu.be/G9pgblMgHBc




No comments:

Post a Comment