Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Vivian Maier

Since it's a crazy week for me and everyone else, I am keeping my posts short.  My brother-in-law, Matt, sent me an article about Vivian Maier and I thought I'd share.  Check out the link below to see some cool pictures from the 50's.  I am in LOVE with this one:

 I think I was born in the wrong decade, style-wise.  I would KILL for that car! 
And the clothes?  So girly.  I love it.  Why couldn't we obtain equal rights without
burning our bras?  Bras are good.  Dresses are even better.  We have a waist and legs. 
Why do we have to wear the same pants as a plumber?  It's so wrong.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2075228/What-nanny-saw-Housekeepers-stunning-images-1950s-Chicago-working-class-America-new-light.html

I wonder who these people are or if she even got their names.  The little girls (in the first picture) are probably in their seventies by now. 



Here's the Word of the Day:


brogue \brohg\, noun:

1. Any strong regional accent.
2. An Irish accent in the pronunciation of English.
3. A durable, comfortable, low-heeled shoe, often having decorative perforations and a wing tip.
4. A coarse, usually untanned leather shoe once worn in Ireland and Scotland.
5. Brogan.
6. A fraud; trick; prank.

No comments:

Post a Comment