Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Lacey!



Today may be Christmas Eve, but it's also my sister's birthday.  Happy 29th birthday, Lacey!  Love you!

Every year on Lacey's birthday our dad always took us shopping for my step-mom because he was a procrastinator.  He preferred us to choose her presents from the scraps left at the mall.   They are no longer married.  Haha!  I crack myself up.  But seriously, they are divorced. 

We all got to open one present on Christmas Eve, but I always thought that it was unfair to Lacey to have to go shopping for someone else and then watch others open presents.  It is, after all, her birthday.  It never seemed to bother her, but I never liked it much.  She did get to pick what we ate for dinner on Christmas Eve; she always chose Chinese food.  It's still a tradition.  Every single Christmas Eve I want Chinese food.  Thanks, Lace.  Love that one.  It tastes good, plus, it's the one time of year that you get to sing "Fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra!"  Don't tell me that you don't do that. 

Lacey, I hope that you have a great day and that you try to do something special for yourself.  You were everyone's most favorite Christmas gift of all time and that should make you feel very special.  I love you.


Here's your Word of the Day:

am·bit

noun
1.
circumference; circuit.
2.
boundary; limit.
3.
a sphere of operation or influence; range; scope: the ambit of such an action.

No comments:

Post a Comment