Saturday, December 17, 2011

Seeing Santa

Lindsey had a pajama party until 10:00 last night at the studio, so I took Logan, Carson and Dylan to the mall to see Santa. The kids weren’t in Christmas-themed clothes, but I didn’t care.  If I have the time to take them and no one is barfing, it’s the right time.  The more kids you have, the more you learn not to sweat the small stuff.

The boys were stoic when they saw Santa.  They had been so excited to see him all day, so I was a little surprised that they froze like they did.  The photographers were laughing at Carson because he looked so serious.  Dylan cried for a second until Logan offered to hold him and then he did what Carson did.  He sat there, emotionless and frozen.  Last year they both screamed bloody murder—I prefer stone faces!  As soon as they got their candy canes they were normal again.  We walked around a little and I got them pizza and a cookie.  When they got tired we went home and got ready for bed.  They slept in their beds all night…..AGAIN!  It’s so awesome.  I am very proud of them.  As long as I give them a “Konkey Story” and a “Bear Story”, they stay in their beds and go to sleep.  I tell Carson stories about adventures he has with Curious George.  He is “Carson the Konkey”, a monkey who loves bananas and getting into trouble with George.  Dylan is a bear in all of his stories and I let him pick where he’s exploring, like the zoo or the pool.  They love it. 

I cleaned my house today and I’m going to the gym later.  A clean house feels so great!  Have a great Saturday! Oh, and I posted pictures under the Word of the Day.

Here’s the Word of the Day:


procellous \proh-SEL-uhs\, adjective:

Stormy, as the sea.


I took a picture of the picture so you can see their faces close up, that's why it looks so awful.
Dylan at the North Pole
I am a total mess, but Carson is such a good hugger!  Look at that hug! 

What do you want for Christmas? To get out of here!!!
Carson almost looks bored, and Dylan is just tolerating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment