Saturday, December 3, 2011

Silver Lining


I love having kids.  One of the reasons that I love having them is because even when you are so sick, so tired, so miserable, they have the ability to lift you up.....if only for a second.

Yesterday I woke up with a terrible headache, which turned into a massive migraine which made me throw up numerous times.  I felt like chopping my head off might be a better option, ok, not really, but I felt really terrible until 11:00 last night.  Logan cheered me up for a second when he got home from school.  He said "Well, your hormones really kicked in yesterday, right?  So that's probably why you have a headache."  They didn't, and it had nothing to do with hormones, but it was so funny that he said that!  I sometimes stop and think "There's no way that YOU are 10."  He is so hilarious.  He says the funniest things sometimes.  He was definitely the silver lining yesterday.  Actually, everyone was.  Don took care of me and the boys, Lindsey helped, Logan helped…..they were all awesome.  Actually, I was so desperate and felt so terrible, I had my father-in-law pick Lindsey up from school so she could help me.  She got them down for a nap in the living room and I was able to take a little nap as well.  How awesome is my daughter?  I normally wouldn't pull my kid from school because school is important, but I seriously needed help with the little guys.  I have the best kids in the world.  I have an amazing family. 

I am feeling better today, but my head feels bruised and I am pretty weak.  Lindsey had rehearsal this morning for her Christmas show; it’s tonight.  I will make sure to post pictures, maybe some video.  The girls look really good.  I can’t wait to see them dance on stage!

No Word of the Day, again.  Ooops!

No comments:

Post a Comment